Singha Light Beer

phutoie2

Today in the town,s 7/11 (Phetchabun) I noticed cans of Singha light beer on sale. Alcohol content reduced to 3. something %, I forget!.

Is this is a new product?. Priced at 27 THB a can too.

Could well be an alternative to my regular LEO and not such a fuzzy head next day.

ph34r.gif

My favorite beer. Tastes like the American light beers to me. Not a fan of Chang Light but I'll drink it. San Miguel Light sucks. It is a little hard to find. I think the price difference has to do with the lower alcohol content? Anyway, SL is my regular brew. I wish red wine was reasonably priced with some decent choices but that's another thread.

It's been around for at least 5 years. There's also a Chang Light. Personally I wouldn't bother with either, but I'm more of a Guinness or (real) ale man, or cider if particularly thirsty. Who remembers Singa Gold?

Singha Gold was a reasonable drink, but in those days the choice of beer was very limited!

• 2 weeks later...

OK, a question from a new dieter

Do these so called "light " beers lower the calories, or just the alcohol content ?

The label on the bottle neck of San Mig LIGHT says "Less Calories" , but begs the question "less than what" !

in australia they have three types of beers on the market light stands for low alcohol beer then there is low carbs beer and full strenght beer. low alcohol beer is cheaper as ther is a very low tax on it . the drinking and driving limit in australia is . 05 .whick is three cans of beer over 3 hourson a full stomach of food . james hat yai

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Do these so called "light " beers lower the calories, or just the alcohol content

Singha Light lower alcohol (3.5%)

Chang Light lower calories (6% alcohol)

Of course you get the same result by putting ice in your beer, same as the Thai do.

Do these so called "light " beers lower the calories, or just the alcohol content

Singha Light lower alcohol (3.5%)

Chang Light lower calories (6% alcohol)

Of course you get the same result by putting ice in your beer, same as the Thai do.

Chang Light is 4.5 % l believe. smile.png

• 4 months later...

Do these so called "light " beers lower the calories, or just the alcohol content ?

The label on the bottle neck of San Mig LIGHT says "Less Calories" , but begs the question "less than what" !

Checking ratebeer on Singha Light and they estimate the calories at 105 versus 150 for the regular Singha. Alcohol content is 3.5% for for the former versus 5% for the latter.

Best beer I had when I was last in Thailand a couple of years ago, was the Dunkel they brewed on site at the Pullman Raja Orchid Hotel in Khon Kaen.

Been on the market for a few years,I personally enjoy it,so do many of my friends.unfortunately i have never seen it in a bar or restaurant, big C and Tesco have it in stock as do some 7/11. I just wish singha would promote the product.