If The Owner Of The Car Dies

Semper

Well, my wife passed away four years ago and I have not driven her car since. I'm now in the process of having her mother getting it into my name for me. Had to have copy of my son's birth certificate, wife's death certificate, her id card, copies of my work permit, passport and I think that's about it. it's been going on now for about 4 months, but I think that's partly due to her having to go from Lopburi to the transportation office in Chonburi where the car was bought while living in Pattaya years ago.

I was told that the mother would have to sign off on it as she would be the legal owner of it as I was not legally married to my wife of 10 years. You may have a different situation and best to go to the CM land transport office to find out directly.

Now be nice to me and don't ask me to sell my bike again...tongue.gif

Ofcourse if she died as a result of driving the car it may not worthwile transfering ownership.

Your smart ass remark was not appreciated. Why don't you try reading all the post before you make a total ass of your self and pissing people of at the same time.

Ofcourse if she died as a result of driving the car it may not worthwile transfering ownership.

Your smart ass remark was not appreciated. Why don't you try reading all the post before you make a total ass off your self and pissing people of at the same time.

My typing is crap when my hands are shaking, Sorry.

Why not "buy" the car from her now?

Or transfer the ownership to you?

It is possible to own a car if you are on an extension of stay or on a year's visum

Can be done in any Land Transport Office if the "sale" or transfer is done there.

If you have a yellow tambien baan, it is even easier.

Edited by hansnl

Your smart ass remark was not appreciated. Why don't you try reading all the post before you make a total ass off your self and pissing people of at the same time.

My typing is crap when my hands are shaking, Sorry.

A result then.

first of all it depends on her will, if you get it at all

Not necessarily - if she dies intestate (without leaving a will) then according to Thai law as long as you are legally married you are fully entitled to your share of her estate; if she has no legal heirs this means all of her estate, but if she has other heirs it would be less.

...... Had to have copy of my son's birth certificate, wife's death certificate, her id card, copies of my work permit, passport and I think that's about it. it's been going on now for about 4 months, .....

hedonist44, all that appears to be happening is that the car's new owner (your wife's mother) is giving/selling the car to you; without a will your wife's estate is divided between her children and her parents in equal shares, although if the children are minors and you are their parent/legal guardian then you should be administering their share (your son's share?) of her estate, not her mother/your son's grandmother.

first of all it depends on her will, if you get it at all

Not necessarily - if she dies intestate (without leaving a will) then according to Thai law as long as you are legally married you are fully entitled to your share of her estate; if she has no legal heirs this means all of her estate, but if she has other heirs it would be less.

...... Had to have copy of my son's birth certificate, wife's death certificate, her id card, copies of my work permit, passport and I think that's about it. it's been going on now for about 4 months, .....

hedonist44, all that appears to be happening is that the car's new owner (your wife's mother) is giving/selling the car to you; without a will your wife's estate is divided between her children and her parents in equal shares, although if the children are minors and you are their parent/legal guardian then you should be administering their share (your son's share?) of her estate, not her mother/your son's grandmother.

Thanks, and that's very true, but I have not got the parental rights to my son yet, working on it.