Snake Bite

Mosha

I noticed a sizable lump on one of the kittens this morning. I gave her a look over but no obvious signs. The lump was soft. Now 8 hours later I picked her up and yellow puss, pardon the pun, has come shooting out of 2 puncture wounds about 1/2" apart The smell is pretty bad. 90 minutes to the vet opening, she doesn't appear sick at this moment, and has been her usual active self fighting with her sibling sister.

Not all snakes are venomous so it could well be, especially if the kitten chased and threatened the snake. Were it a venomous snake I'm afraid Kitty would be gone by now.

The 1/2 an inch bite radius however, coupled with the pus/nasty smell makes me think Centipede.

Edited by HeavyDrinker

Well it's safe to say I wasn't her favourite last night :lol: Had to wait 1 hour as the vet was doing an op. He shaved the bite area, it looked bruised. Squirted some anti biotics in. She didn't like that. Gave me some medicine, and I've to clean the wound with ginger tomorrow. Going by she is instigating the play fights, I'd say she is going to be fine. Thanks.