Truck - Hard Bed "Top" Supplier?

topt

Can anyone give some specific recs. for a hard bed/liner top (what is the correct term?) supplier/fitter in the Pattaya area.

I want to have a look at a couple of different options and see how usable they are and what they want for them. Not sure if I wan't manual or electric at this stage.

Thanks in advance.

www.carryboy.com I'm going to be getting the CARRYBOY SM electric model fitted to my double cab when I get it.... apparently its the mutts nuts.

Unfortunately it appears that there is no electric option for a Triton Plus :angry:

Transam and biggie371 thanks but I am aware of both brands. I am really looking for a rec for a good installer in or around Pattaya - surely someone must know?

www.carryboy.com I'm going to be getting the CARRYBOY SM electric model fitted to my double cab when I get it.... apparently its the mutts nuts.

Unfortunately it appears that there is no electric option for a Triton Plus :angry:

Transam and biggie371 thanks but I am aware of both brands. I am really looking for a rec for a good installer in or around Pattaya - surely someone must know?

Boy air and sound fit a lot of these.

Coming into Pattaya on Suk road once you go under the welcome to Pattaya overhead sign they are on the left about 600m up.

Boy air and sound fit a lot of these.

Coming into Pattaya on Suk road once you go under the welcome to Pattaya overhead sign they are on the left about 600m up.

Thanks Spoonman

When I got my new Navara the Nissan girl took me to a accessory shop they use to order my Aeroklas hard top, whilst there they were putting Tints and lots of extras on a new Vigo that was not yet registered, so Toyota must also use the shop.

I selected part electric, if I had the chance again I would go for all electric.although it cuts down on space.

The location is from Pattaya heading towards the Toyota and Nissan garage through Naklua, there is a Esso filling station on the left the fitting shop is just after the filling station.

post-9958-0-27389900-1318761387_thumb.jp

When I got my new Navara the Nissan girl took me to a accessory shop they use to order my Aeroklas hard top, whilst there they were putting Tints and lots of extras on a new Vigo that was not yet registered, so Toyota must also use the shop.

I selected part electric, if I had the chance again I would go for all electric.although it cuts down on space.

The location is from Pattaya heading towards the Toyota and Nissan garage through Naklua, there is a Esso filling station on the left the fitting shop is just after the filling station.

Thanks I will check it out when I am back in Pattaya. Can you explain the difference between part electric vs. full electric and why you feel full electric would be better?

Do you also know if you could get a Fino upright under it?

Aeroklas is the best looking LID for a Vigo. :D

Hey Transam, I've not seen the aeroklas lid, do you have any links for a supplier,

or can the toyota dealer arrange to have it fitted at the showroom?

Thanks.

post-41816-0-55804000-1318841438_thumb.jpost-41816-0-75788900-1318841442_thumb.jpost-41816-0-35207700-1318841446_thumb.j

Forget Toyota, you will need to go to a spares shop and ask, or search for agent on the Net. :)

No, my cats not dead, it's keeping an eye on my beer, well trained. :huh:

Thanks I will check it out when I am back in Pattaya. Can you explain the difference between part electric vs. full electric and why you feel full electric would be better?

Part electric-only the front legs are motorized, so when you press the button on the top the lid tilts, then you press a switch inside that operates the motors on the front legs to lift the top. Full electric- all 4 legs are motorized, so the top can be fully adjustable.

The reason I would go for full electric is the wife can’t close it against the force of the hydraulic rear struts,

A friend has a top of the range Vigo and the top is all electric and operated by a key fob.

The height from the bed to the lowest point of the top is only 34 inches

No way will a scooter fit under one of these tray covers. If you think you're going to need to transport a motosai reguarly, one point of note is that none of these lids are easily removable - once fitted it'll take you a solid half hour to remove/refit them, and you'll need an extra pair of hands or two to do it..

No way will a scooter fit under one of these tray covers. If you think you're going to need to transport a motosai reguarly, one point of note is that none of these lids are easily removable - once fitted it'll take you a solid half hour to remove/refit them, and you'll need an extra pair of hands or two to do it..

MRO the reason I asked about getting a scooter under it was when coming back from picking up the truck 2 weeks ago I passed a newish looking truck (cannot remember brand) that had a lid open on struts with a scoote/bike standing on/in the bed?

Re removal I remember Thredbo I think saying very quick but needed 4 people as heavy. Appreciate it could be an issue thanks.

Do you know does the lid make much differnce to fuel consumption?

Do you know does the lid make much differnce to fuel consumption?

Certainly does, yes - at highway speeds it's possible for them to improve fuel economy by 10-15%, less at lower speeds though.

I can't imagine what truck would be able to fit a regular scooter in the try w/out it standing proud of roof height (which is the limit for all these lids), Perhpas it was something smaller than a Fino/Mio/Scoopy/Click?