Forgot My Code For The Bangkok Bank Atm Card

Hello forum members.

I am currently back in Europe for some time, and will visit Thailand again for 3 weeks next January.

I want to transfer some money from my Dutch bank-account to my Thai bank-account before I go.

Still however, I more or less forgot the code. I think I still know it, but I can only try out when I am actually in Thailand at an ATM from the Bangkok Bank.

Since I will transfer the money some time before I go, it will already be on my Thai account before I reach Thailand.

If my code should be wrong, is it than easy to receive a new code at the branch of Bangkok Bank I am with?

I hope people with any experience can help me out.

Hello Ian,

do you work for the Bangkok Bank?

Thanks for the advice already given.

Kind regards.

Yes, I am an exec in Bangkok Bank. You can check my other posts and see that I have helped plenty of others as have Daveroc who is responsible for Expat relations

As I noted you can do this in a branch, but if you have any problems you can contact me in advance. You will need ID (for non Thai residents that is a passport). And it would be good if you have your old ATM card and your account passbooks. Thanks

Ian

When I transfer money from abroad to my Thai bank, I do not use an ATM card. I transfer the money from my western bank to my account number in BB. If you have your passbook with you, you have the number there.

Edited by Tanaka

Ian

What do you know about depositing checks from USA into BKK bank?

I do that rather than transfer money, no fee from my US bank and only 300 baht at Bangkok Bank. It only takes 3 weeks to clear, I just did one and the rate was 30.57/dollar. Any branch can do it, just the usual paperwork, passport, bankbook.

You don't have to wait until you get to Thailand to see if you remember your PIN number (unless the card you have is the old "Bualuang ATM" card which is no longer issued) - most debit cards can be used at any VISA ATM so you can check your PIN by simply doing a small withdrawal in your home country. Remember if your PIN is wrong 3 times the card could be "held" by the ATM. If you have totally forgotten your PIN then you'll need to cancel the original card and get a new one issued when you are in Thailand - the bank does not "re-issue or re-set" PIN numbers. To do this you can go to any branch, it doesn't have to be the same one that you got the card from.

Ian

What do you know about depositing checks from USA into BKK bank?

------------------

If you are talking about U.S. Social Security via direct deposit through Bangkok Bank New York I just opened a topic regarding that iprocess above in this sub-forum.

If you are talking about cashing U.S. government checks...that can be done only at the main Bangkok Bank on Silom road.

I've cashed an IRS tax refund there before.

For that you will need your passport, valid visa in passport, and your bangkok Bank passbook.

Once it is cashed you simply deposit to your account.

Note: this is for U.S. Government checks only such as my IRS tax refund.

Edited by IMA_FARANG

Hello aurelius,

thanks...thats different than what some people who work at Bangkok Bank tell me.

How long does it take for the new card to be issued?

Regards.

Its done on the spot. The cancellation of the card involves a call to the call center. The new card is instantly issued in the branch and you select your own PIN number at the small machine on the counter. If you prefer to have a card which has your name written on it, you can request that, and it will take about a week. Card issuing costs 100 Bt. There is an annual fee as well. If you use your card abroad you might prefer the magnetic stripe card which doesn't have the chip (Be1st, not Be1st Smart) - as the chips are not accepted (i.e. not able to be read) at all ATMs.