Playing With The Idea Of 6 Months In Uk 6 In Thailand

sidjameson

There are many guys on here with much greater experience in the world of work than me, so looking for some pointers.

I am 43, I have a degree. Been teaching. I do have very good social skills. Very bad at most other things. lol. My hands are baby soft smooth from a lack of work. :)

But I really would like to find an interesting sustainable way to make some money every year in Uk.

I am willing to train. Willing to invest some cash. I dont need to earn a fortune in UK. But need something that I could go back to every year.

Any advice really appreciated.

think so would 3 million people presently unemployed, i did it years ago, but then you could always walk into a job in a call centre. the taxi job is done by a few but getting a licence is tough and people aint going out anymore in the UK. so i would forget it. mate of mine used to work for windscreen fitting company who wanter workers in summer months, another is HGV and works delivering to stores for 5 months in the lead upto christmas then comes out for 5 months. the offshore and security work in middle east also drying up

think so would 3 million people presently unemployed, i did it years ago, but then you could always walk into a job in a call centre. the taxi job is done by a few but getting a licence is tough and people aint going out anymore in the UK. so i would forget it. mate of mine used to work for windscreen fitting company who wanter workers in summer months, another is HGV and works delivering to stores for 5 months in the lead upto christmas then comes out for 5 months. the offshore and security work in middle east also drying up

i have been back in the uk for about 2 weeks, thought i would send my CV off and upload to a couple of sites, MY phone has been non stop with interviews !, even been to 2 and offered a job....

trouble is , many people in the uk get so many hand outs, why work? , its like being retired at 25-35 years of age... 2 bed house, sky TV, plazma, 1 holiday a year, enough to eat, packet of fags a day, 2 nights out a week, and a few hundred.. even more a month doing cash in hand work? .... thats why the figures are so high!, there are plenty of jobs here, its a case if people actually want to do them

!

Don't think so buddy.....

JH

Edited by metisdead
Do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes.

i have been back in the uk for about 2 weeks, thought i would send my CV off and upload to a couple of sites, MY phone has been non stop with interviews !, even been to 2 and offered a job....

trouble is , many people in the uk get so many hand outs, why work? , its like being retired at 25-35 years of age... 2 bed house, sky TV, plazma, 1 holiday a year, enough to eat, packet of fags a day, 2 nights out a week, and a few hundred.. even more a month doing cash in hand work? .... thats why the figures are so high!, there are plenty of jobs here, its a case if people actually want to do them

!

Rubbish

Edited by metisdead
Do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes.

back to OP's question, If you some cash as you say then why not take a barman's course that should tie in well with your social skills however i don't know about the price in the UK but in Oz a course used to cost around $300.

Once you have a few gigs under your belt you can pretty much work year round.

another choice maybe security work?

good luck.

If you are qualified enough, get a job as a butler during the high-society events season (i.e. Ascot, Wimbledon, Silverstone,...)

Back to the beginning of the 90's, our catering company was paying them 25 quid/hour with a minimum of ten working hours per day. cool.gif