Thonburi Bts Flooding? / Bkk University Area Flooding?

orchidlady

I live the other side of BKK near Chatuchuk..I am supposed to go to Thonburi close to the BTS station there Monday morning. Is it expected to flood there? The people whose children I am to tutor are not answering their phones.

Anyone know if Bangkok University-Rangsit or AIT universities are safe from flooding? The administration has not notified foreign teachers of anything. I have checked their websites/no English updates. No one answers phone on the weekend anyway. Has anyone travelled from Mo Chit van out to Rangsit in last day or two? I keep hearing Pathum Thani is flooded but can't find out if it is safe to go on campus. Would hate go get stuck out there but have work that I also need to pick up from my office.

I would make a very sharp exit out of Bangkok if the BTS was to flood that is for sure ....

I have heard this morning Rangsit is flooded and a uni campus is closed, don't recall which though. Possibly northern Rangsit, I also heard reports about Sathorn being in danger.

Three Property

Edited by ThreeProperty

These districts include Bang Sue, Dusit, Phra Nakhon, Sathorn, Bang Khorlaem, Yannawa, Klong Toei, Bang Plad, Bangkok Noi, Thonburi, Klongsan, Ratburana, Klong Samwa, Minburi, Nongchok, Lad Krabang, Sai Mai, Khannayao and Thawee Wattana.

That is Thonburi and the BTS area, although I can't say how bad or if still effected but next week is expected to be safe. However you can only take what you hear with a pinch of salt .....

Three Property

Edited by ThreeProperty

the BTS??

Unless I am confusing something the BTS is the Skytrain, how it can be flooded?

The OP was referring to the area around the exit. Didn't want to travel for an hour and then not be able to disembark at possibly flooded destination. Reasonable question.

If I am an employee of said universities and no one has sent us updates on whether we can get into the campus, there is nothing on the English version of their website, I called to see if someone might be working who could tell me. I think it would be practical to put update on their website if flood problems but TIT.

I did find out the van service from MocHit to Thammasat Rangsit has been cancelled until further notice and van services from victory monument to Thammasat Rangsit also cancelled. No van service from Thammasat Rangsit to Tha Prachan. The buses are still running out there at present time.

the BTS??

Unless I am confusing something the BTS is the Skytrain, how it can be flooded?

Although you need to start at ground level to get on the sky train ... have you not scene the movie 2012? wink.gif

I live in Thonburi close to the last BTS station Wong-Wian-Yai and it's as dry as it always was!

litle after the last

I would make a very sharp exit out of Bangkok if the BTS was to flood that is for sure ....

I have heard this morning Rangsit is flooded and a uni campus is closed, don't recall which though. Possibly northern Rangsit, I also heard reports about Sathorn being in danger.

Three Property