Gsm 1800

dharmabm

i'm having issues lately if my phone network is set to automatic where edge doesn't work and calls keep dropping. i've discovered that i keep connecting to GSM 1800 instead of TH GSM (i'm on AIS). anyone else seeing this or know what the deal is? first time i saw it was a few weeks ago when a friend came back from europe and his iPhone didn't work, setting manually to TH GSM seems to fix it, but what a pain in the ass!

• 8 months later...

My phone is also reading TH GSM 1800 rather than 3G or Edge and it all this morning I could not get online via my iPhone ?

I am now at the office an connected via wifi, but not sure how to fix things to start getting 3G service back

Any ideas?

This issue has been commented upon before but I am unable to find the relevant thread(s). My vaguest recollection is that AIS has several brands/networks - a legacy of their shaking down suppliers for free equipment - of which one is "GSM 1800".

http://www.gsm1800.a...th/th/index.asp

I think you may have to contact AIS and move/port to a 'real' AIS (GSM900) number. This will require a new SIM.

Note that any frequency discussion here is related to GSM (voice, text, 2G data) only, and not 3G.

Edited by lomatopo

Around 3pm it just switched back to 3G on its own ???

Which iPhone model do you have? Which SIM? Which plan?

Is this a new problem? Has the phone/service ever worked satisfactorily for you?

It is challenging to help when so little information is provided.

Many, many people complain about AIS/One-2-Call's 3 performance, particularly in higher density areas and/or when roaming on to TOT's 3G network.