A Motoring Forum

wilko

Wouldn't it be nice to have a motoring forum?  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think it would be a good idea to get all the motoring stuff and put it in one forum - it's a bit weird having to look in the property forum for info on the latest Mitsubishi....

I for one would like to hear of peoples motoriing experiences around Thailand; trips they've made etc, pitfalls and good places to stay....you get the drift.

Agreed, cars and real estate are different but neither subject warrants its own forum so they were both lumped together.

If we get enough topics and enough posters then you will probably get your own forum .  So keep posting.

Did a TV search for cars and there were 7 pages of topics. Seem sufficient to warrant it's own home.

I think it would be a good idea to get all the motoring stuff and put it in one forum - it's a bit weird having to look in the property forum for info on the latest Mitsubishi....

I for one would like to hear of peoples motoriing experiences around Thailand; trips they've made etc, pitfalls and good places to stay....you get the drift.

For sure, it would be super to have a forum dedicated to all things motor. I don't want to wander in and out of leases, condos, and builder's plans on how to build a garden wall when I'm looking for rules and roles for the road.

Edited by corkscrew

Here is my most recent experience as to why it is interesting to drive in Bangkok. The contrast between the American driver and the Thai driver is wonderful.

Americans, even those from New Orleans, are pretty cop-fearing when it comes to obeying the rules of the road. Witness the TV pictures from the traffic helicopters when Katrina was coming to town: all the northbound lanes were clotted with cars that were going nowhere while the southbound lanes were totally empty. Since the cops had not sanctioned contra-flow it didn't happen ... even though common sense screamed otherwise.

Bangkokians go with common sense every time ... here road rules are suggestions that wash well only when they are convenient. Here is an example.

Friday afternoons are the worst time to drive in Bangkok ... especially when it has just rained. Foolish me. I drove to Chinatown and by the time I was halfway home rain, rush hour and school let-outs made our two southbound lanes a parking lot. The two northbound lanes were only moderately heavy with cars. At a certain point the southerners spontaneously created their own contra-flow. Within a minute we now had three lanes of traffic while the guys heading north had just one. The beauty of it was not that it occurred at some critical tipping point ... (of, say, bumper to bumper vehicle mass divided by its diminishing speed) ... but that it really did the job: traffic now flowed both ways.

I don't want to wander in and out of leases, condos, and builder's plans on how to build a garden wall when I'm looking for rules and roles for the road.

How do you guys read this forum then ?

I just get up a list of all the new posts and pick out the topic titles that I want to read.

To be honest I really don't know which forum I am in most of the time as I select from topic titles.

I don't want to wander in and out of leases, condos, and builder's plans on how to build a garden wall when I'm looking for rules and roles for the road.

How do you guys read this forum then ?

I just get up a list of all the new posts and pick out the topic titles that I want to read.

To be honest I really don't know which forum I am in most of the time as I select from topic titles.

Are you a girl? Girls are smarter when it comes to forum reading. We guys like to compartmentilize (dumb word) everything.

I click on the "Real Estate" from the drop down menu at the bottom, actually it's scroll and click.

New posts are usually spread for over ten pages for me, so if I want motoring - it's "real estate" only.

How difficult it is to create a new forum? Less than ten clicks, perhaps.