Tourist Visa For Longterm Stay

I have understood that Thailand has become a little bit stricter regarding entry etc, like you need to show upon arrival that you have booked a hotel etc?

Previously I could get a triple entry tourist visa from the Thai Embassy in Norway (two years ago), which would enable me to stay for nine months total, doing two border runs. I do not know if the embassy still offers this, but I hope so. Is there any general changes in Thailands policies which would indicate that this has probably changed?

Is it still possible to stay for quite some time, using a multiple entry tourist visa then perhaps going to Laos or so, getting a new one etc? Any changes during the last one-two years one should be aware of?

I believe that they have recently changed the rules so that you are now required to provide proof of bought and paid for airline tickets out of Thailand on the day stated. I am keen to know if this is being enforced and to hear from anyone who obtained a 2 month tourist visa since the rule changes.

I am also keen to know how this affects the option for a one month extension. If you have already bought your flights how can you extend your stay without losing a lot of money on the tickets?

I believe that they have recently changed the rules so that you are now required to provide proof of bought and paid for airline tickets out of Thailand on the day stated. I am keen to know if this is being enforced and to hear from anyone who obtained a 2 month tourist visa since the rule changes.

I am also keen to know how this affects the option for a one month extension. If you have already bought your flights how can you extend your stay without losing a lot of money on the tickets?

In that case, the tickets out of Thailand can perhaps simply be an Airasia ticket to Malaysia or something, for which you can change the date several times? Rather than buying a return ticket?

In that case, the tickets out of Thailand can perhaps simply be an Airasia ticket to Malaysia or something, for which you can change the date several times? Rather than buying a return ticket?

That's a good idea, I didn't realise that Air Asia were so flexible, this is a ruse that I may need to employ myself. Thanks