Tot - Disgusting Service & Attitude (Pattaya)

jaapfries

Here in Pattaya, TOT is taking the cake ! !

We've had very bad & often broken connectivity,ove the past 3 weeks - and during the past week NO CONNECTIVITY at all ! !

Yes; I am very angry, especially since their so called "Hot-Line" is not being answered at all.

I'ld like to hear from other TOT-Internet users with similar problems ?

Cheers,

JK

TOT here on Samui is improving slowly - both service and engineers. I had wondered where the old staff had gone to - looks like you won them in Pattaya.

side-line - some years ago on Samui, my TOT line did not work for over six months. They were waiting for a new exchange and so no repairs to the old one.

I suggested that I would not have to pay the telephone bill.

Their reply was "no problem - we sell to someone else if you do not pay."

When I pointed out that it did not work - they laughed and said that it would be a while before the new customer found out and that he would have paid for the installation by then. Hmmm

For the almost 3 years I was on the TOT 4Mb or 6Mb plan here in western Bangkok the service was fine....only had one outage due to a line problem which was fixed in about 4 hours after calling it in. Now, I'm talking the ADSL/internet basic connection which was close to 100% reliable in rain or shine; however, their available international bandwidth/speed could have been better. While just fine for basic browsing and emailing, neither the 4Mb or 6Mb plan could do streaming video without a lot of pausing. I'm not into torrents so I can't speak to how good or bad TOT is when it comes to torrent downloading. I have since switched to True cable internet which arrived my moobaan about 4 months ago...I only switched due to faster speeds/plans since TOT's top ADSL speed/plan to my moobaan was 6Mb...I did not switch due to reliability of the TOT line. I expect all the flooding has the service/maintenance-side of TOT maxed-out, especially in working those areas hit hard with floodng.

I live south of Pattaya (Huay Yai) and have TOT. I have a connection. It dropped off last night but resumed this morning. My Thai wife tried calling the hot line which was disconnected...she got through to a real person who checked the line... TOT seems to be much better than several months ago...fewer drop offs...and fast enough to watch streaming videos... I still download most and watch later.

Where are you in Pattaya? Do you still have no service?