Newest Most Up-To-Date North Thailand Map Just Released

RidersCorner

Newest most up-to-date north Thailand map just released

We now have now received the "North Thailand Road & Off-Road" printed map (on waterproof paper) from the printer (air freighted up from Bangkok last night due to the flooding). Retail price as stated before will be 180 bht, all profits will be given to charity.

The map can be purchased from Rider's Corner Bar & Restaurant, Chiang Mai, C & P Bike rentals, Chiang Mai & will be distributed to various outlets in the coming week. It will also be available at the SE-ED book shops in all the shopping malls shortly - great that we got their validation.

This is the most up-to-date map of north Thailand, with the added bonus of unique off-road trails, not on ANY other map.

Details in the URL below:

Link to details of the north Thailand Road & Off-Road printed map

This map contains exactly the same data as the north Thailand Dirt & Tarmac GPS map (link below)

Link to the north Thailand dirt & tarmac gps map

The 2 work together fantastically.

Photo below

310457_10150504889328345_610023344_11435054_1578929324_n.jpg

Edited by RidersCorner

Congratulations on your new map!

Are all Thailand place-names in standard romanized spelling? The standard system is the one developed by the Royal Institute of Thailand and now used by the Thai government's Royal Thai Survey Department (RTSD) as well as the U.S. National Geo-Spatial Intelligence Agency (NGA).

Does your map also display Thailand place-names in the original Thai script?

Thanks!

Mr Bob

Yes place names -- all Thailand place-names in standard romanized spelling

more info on the map here

Link to "North Thailand Road & Off-Road" printed map

Congratulations on your new map!

Are all Thailand place-names in standard romanized spelling? The standard system is the one developed by the Royal Institute of Thailand and now used by the Thai government's Royal Thai Survey Department (RTSD) as well as the U.S. National Geo-Spatial Intelligence Agency (NGA).

Does your map also display Thailand place-names in the original Thai script?

Thanks!

Edited by RidersCorner

Thanks for that. I'll pick one up when I get back to Thailand. A GPS is great, but they are mostly useful in conjunction with a real map. I bring along my own hand drawn maps with the gps co-ordinates written on them as a general reference. It helps to have all three.

I got lost in Chiang Mai heading back to Chiang Rai yesterday....

Came out of the wrong exit from Airport Central Plaza carpark and found myself headed in the wrong direction.

One thing about Chiang Mai is that eventually you have to hit the ring road though. :blink:

rmac-

It will be available in Chiang Rai pretty soon in various outlets.

Do you know if there's an SE-ED bookstore in the new Central Mall in Chiang Rai?

Hoping that a copy will be available in CR in future? Not sure if that book store is in center mall or big c? I know there is a book store big c but don't recall the name.

North Thailand Road & Off-Road printed map (on waterproof media) can now be purchased at:

1. Richco Motor Sports, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Link to Richco Motor Sports

2. Tony's Big Bikes, Chaing Mai, Thailand

Link to Tony's Big Bike Location

3. Jonadda Guest House, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Link to Jonadda Guest House location

4. Chiang Mai Motocross Shop

Link to Chiang Mai Motorcross shop

5. Joe's Bike Team, Chiang Mai, Thailand

6. C & P Bike Rentals, Chiang Mai

Edited by RidersCorner