Removalists - Australia To Thailand

lolex

Both me and my best mate are retired and will be moving to Thailand next year. Him - Chiang Mai; me - Rayong.

Any suggestions, tips on what to bring and what to leave behind appreciated??

Recommendations on reliable, fair priced full service removalists much appreciated. Neither of us has a lot of kit - maybe half a container each.

Depends on your plans, primary question is about living: Will you rent / buy a fully furnished place or not... do you have expensive furnitures you want to take with you or not (remember, you might be able to buy all needed furnitiures cheaper in Thailand than what you pay for transport...)

.... do you have expensive furnitures you want to take with you or not (remember, you might be able to buy all needed furnitiures cheaper in Thailand than what you pay for transport...)

Yes... that' was a key part of my question. What goods are definitely worth bring to LOS and what items are easily bought at the same or cheaper prices. I know that decisions on these things will be heavily coloured by personal preferences, I hoped to learn something from others who have already gone through this (difficult) process.

If you got heaps of crap, just sell it and give it to friends.

I had a heap of stuff I sold to friends and from that money I just bough new sheeet. I did send about 100kg of stuff . Cost me like $400.00 from a Thai company in Sydney.

Edited by WebBangkok