Public Swimming Pools

wimster

There is a club with swimming pool between soi 39 and soi 49 called ??? ######, can't remember right now!!! From memory it's inexpensive compared to city gyms. Bangkok Dolphins operate out of there so search them on the net and you'll find it. Its called Soi something gym and fitness club.

Thanks Doza. Will try to locate and check it out.

There is a club with swimming pool between soi 39 and soi 49 called ??? ######, can't remember right now!!! From memory it's inexpensive compared to city gyms. Bangkok Dolphins operate out of there so search them on the net and you'll find it. Its called Soi something gym and fitness club.

A few guys around my area seem to pop up to the 6th fl pool in my building frequently. Smart really, like as if the guard's actually going to ask what they're doing here...

Same goes for some hotel pools but a bit tougher as you go up the foodchain. I actually knew a guy who was keeping a log of all the hotel pools he'd crashed :D

Use that advice, bring your trunks and scout out a nice hotel or hirise. Some, like the Marriot, offer a day rate if you're bent on paying, others like Ruamchit have a lovely modest top floor pool and no one will ever ask. BTW, no, not giving my location :o

Edit, just realised, if you're the Wim I know, PM or call me (I believe you have my #?) and pop round mine for a swim anytime :D

Edited by baht&sold

Prefer the high Sukhumvit area, around On Nut BTS.
There's one at "71 Sports Club" a ways down Soi 71, you can catch the little green "71" buses (less frequent regular buses, too) from near the Phra Kanong Skytrain station.

http://www.offtherails.com/zingpool.html (page lists many pools including a picture at 71 Sports Club towards the bottom)

http://www.swimmersguide.com/query/Detail.cfm?PoolID=12180

A great pool at Goethe Institute on Soi Goethe off Sathorn Soi One. Monthly membership fee, not crowded, open early morning to evening every day. BTW, has anyone ever seen the big pool in Lumpini Park open? It's hidden away next to the rec. center, about 100 meters to the right after you come in the Silom entrance by the big statue. I've looked thru the fence at that pool numerous times, but it's always closed.

Thanks every one so far. Very helpful.

For the record; we also found the Piyarom Sports Club, I believe around Suk 101 (actually on Suk Rd). www.piyaromsportsclub.com

The Bangkok Dolphins mentioned in Doza's post are in the Soi Klang Racquet Club in Suk 49/9 (close to Samitivej Hospital) www.rqclub.com

We also found a pool in Soi 56, but was closed last night so no details yet.

There is a great olympic sized pool in the park next to Emporium. Public pool, silly opening hours but its a great under-utilized place.

Memebership only (cost 20 baht!!/year) and you need a doctors cert. for the membership card.

Highly recommended.

There is a great olympic sized pool in the park next to Emporium. Public pool, silly opening hours but its a great under-utilized place.

Memebership only (cost 20 baht!!/year) and you need a doctors cert. for the membership card.

Highly recommended.

That would be Benjasiri Pk, definitely not Olympic sized. About 20 metres max I'd say.

It's now closed for two months for works though.

• 3 years later...

Evo wrote: "you need a doctors cert. for the membership card." at the swimming pool sonci identifies as Banjasri park one. Not clear what this means. It could mean that one needs a letter signed by an MD stating that you have legitimate health reasons for regular exercise, or that only medical doctors are permitted to swim there. ???

Evo wrote: "you need a doctors cert. for the membership card." at the swimming pool sonci identifies as Banjasri park one. Not clear what this means. It could mean that one needs a letter signed by an MD stating that you have legitimate health reasons for regular exercise, or that only medical doctors are permitted to swim there. ???

Great!

We have been waiting for 4 years on someone to jump in and reopen this thread.

Great!

We have been waiting for 4 years on someone to jump in and reopen this thread.

i have noticed alot of old threads appearing lately, might have something to do with the related topic search below or the search facilty and this was the topic that came up that the op was looking for ? , just happened to be 4 years old

Boater

Since over 10 years I swim at the Ramkhamheng University Swimming Pool. Actually a Swimming Stadium opposite Rajamankhala Stadium. Fee's are 30 THB for Non-Members. Half the price for Members (300THB p.a.). Showers and Changing Rooms are hardcore and not the nicest and cleanest in town. However, with Olympic 50mtr Pool is very clean and kept well. After a long swim you can jump over to the 6 mtr deep Jumping Pool which also has 10 mtr Tower for your Flips and Rolls, if you are in to this.

Opening Hours : Daily 0600 - 1100 / 1300 - 2100 every Monday closed

Best to go is in the morning or in the very early afternoon. After 1700 you have lots of Swimming Teams training there, including the University Team, which is pretty good ( on Asean level)

2nd to this would be the exact similiar setup at Thammasat University out in Rangsit. Entrance there is 50 THB though, but no Lunch Breaks. Most of the Universiy and International Schools have big sized pools.

Hope this will help.

Since over 10 years I swim at the Ramkhamheng University Swimming Pool. Actually a Swimming Stadium opposite Rajamankhala Stadium. Fee's are 30 THB for Non-Members. Half the price for Members (300THB p.a.). Showers and Changing Rooms are hardcore and not the nicest and cleanest in town. However, with Olympic 50mtr Pool is very clean and kept well. After a long swim you can jump over to the 6 mtr deep Jumping Pool which also has 10 mtr Tower for your Flips and Rolls, if you are in to this.

Opening Hours : Daily 0600 - 1100 / 1300 - 2100 every Monday closed

Best to go is in the morning or in the very early afternoon. After 1700 you have lots of Swimming Teams training there, including the University Team, which is pretty good ( on Asean level)

2nd to this would be the exact similiar setup at Thammasat University out in Rangsit. Entrance there is 50 THB though, but no Lunch Breaks. Most of the Universiy and International Schools have big sized pools.

Hope this will help.

Are these outdoor pools?

RAZZ