New Forum For Thai Language Suggestion

dazdaz

How about a new forum for learning the Thai language.

There must be lots of useful tips people can contribute here, and it all comes in use :-)

Of particular interest to me at the moment is a list of online web resources with words to learn, well hey something to do at work, lol.

Regards

Excellent idea.

There are some important rules that I must impose.

1) People are not allowed to write in crappy transliteration.

2) No translation services (especially for silly old men dating girls young enough to be their grand daughter).

Eg: "My 'tee lak' said to me 'shan lak khun mahhhk mahhhk - shan mai mee ngern'. What does this mean?"

3) There should be some means of typing in Thai language.

Incidentally, for those studying Thai reading. Look at the weekly column in Fridays Nation. Its good.

I may be a bit biased in saying this, but I have found a brilliant website, run by Sriwittayapaknam School.

These kids and I gather teachers, have put together a quite extensive and free service.

Helpfull downloads and on-site functions. You can't go wrong here, with this one.

Visual, sound, how to write text correctly, plus more..all this by thai people for everybody else to use.

Check out the site, as it is very in depth.

LearningThai.Com

Have a nice day all,

Garry

p.s. Oh yes, I'm not thai, but I am big supporter of the average Joe.

How about a new forum for learning the Thai language.

There must be lots of useful tips people can contribute here, and it all comes in use :-)

Of particular interest to me at the moment is a list of online web resources with words to learn, well hey something to do at work, lol.

Regards

It is a good idea Daz Daz....it'll be done

There's another site, at thai-language.com, for those interested.

Neither site captures what it is like to speak the language every day. People seem to turn into academics or self-proclaimed experts of the ''I understand 99% of what I hear'' variety. Almost all the posters live overseas and I imagine get limited opportunities to speak or hear the language.

Both they are both useful sites nonetheless.