Moved To Truemove-H - Now Imessage Stuck On Old Number

jabenna

Hi,

wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I have an iPhone 4. Upgraded to iOS5 last Friday and then on Sunday went from DTAC pre-pay to TrueMove-H post-pay. Before swaping networks, iMessage was working great and was fantastic to message people back home. However, once I swapped over the sim cards, the number stored under Facetime/iMessage is still showing as my old number, and it won't activate either service (F'time/iMess'g).

I've been in settings/phone/my number and changed that to the new number. Been on my Apple iD account but no option for even enter a number there. Done settings/network/reset network settings....didn't work. Even looked on Apple forums and seems many people who upgraded to a 4s at home who ported their old number over after upgrading, are stuck with the same problem. Wondering if anyone knows of a fix?

Spoken with TrueMove-H who say it being stuck on 'waiting for activiation' is a problem with their network and apples computers and it'll be sorted, although their rep. eluded that it could be a (very) long wait. I don't believe him however because two friends signed up to TrueMove-H yesterday with brand new phones and their iMessaging worked straight away...so I'm think it's a problem with Apple. Signed up for an apple service ticket but goodness knows how much it'll cost for phone support.

Many thanks in advance for any helpful replies.

Did you manually set your iPhones APN?

Look here for setup:

http://www.truemove-...x#info-product1

Sfokevin,

thanks for checking but yes I did. So annoying - had to resort back to whatsapp for now. other difficult thing is the truemove-h website doesn't have an English language option so can't really check too much on there...shall have to wait 'til my Thai lesson later this week.

Thanks though. :-)

Did you manually set your iPhones APN?

Look here for setup:

http://www.truemove-...x#info-product1

Sfokevin,

thanks for checking but yes I did. So annoying - had to resort back to whatsapp for now. other difficult thing is the truemove-h website doesn't have an English language option so can't really check too much on there...shall have to wait 'til my Thai lesson later this week.

Thanks though. :-)

I think if your internet is set as per the web site, and the internet part works, and iMessage does not.... then i guess its an apple issue ???.

firslty i don't think that was a good choice to move to true :P

as for the networking, try to "reset network settings" it normally works wonder

settings - general - reset - reset network settings

This is from an Apple support thread - try it!

Did you change sim card? if not follow, # 2 onwards.

To change the defult phone number in iMessage, you need to:

1 - Insert the new sim.

2 - Go to Settings > Messages>Turn off iMessage.

3 - Go to General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.(iphone restarts)

Once the iPhone is open.

4 - Go to Settings > Messages>Turn ON iMessage.

This will recognize the new sim and have it verified.

See? It just works. 5555

Edited by nikster

Hi all,

Many thanks again for your ideas and response. I had already done, network reset, full settings reset AND a full phone reset.

After 2 days on the phone with True and an Apple tech. call, it turns out TrueMove-H is not complatible with iMessage. Thats the line I got from both Apple and TrueMove-H, but that's where the coherence stops....because another friend just signed up for TrueMove-H and iMessage works fine with hers. So I'm now left going back to the TrueMove shop tomorrow to be changed from TrueMove-H to TrueMove.

We'll see.......

Hi all,

Many thanks again for your ideas and response. I had already done, network reset, full settings reset AND a full phone reset.

After 2 days on the phone with True and an Apple tech. call, it turns out TrueMove-H is not complatible with iMessage. Thats the line I got from both Apple and TrueMove-H, but that's where the coherence stops....because another friend just signed up for TrueMove-H and iMessage works fine with hers. So I'm now left going back to the TrueMove shop tomorrow to be changed from TrueMove-H to TrueMove.

We'll see.......

Did you follow the steps I posted above?

Namely, you have to first TURN OFF iMessage

Then do the network reset

Then TURN ON iMessage

Worked for others...

I would second that. I put the TMV-H in my iphone, and using True Move internet settings ( strange - cause i expected to have to change them ), iMessage worked. Even sent a pic back.

Pretty sure its not the service, but your phone, or your settings on the phone. Try follow what they guys have said here already, or maybe look at the APN settings and make sure they are correct.

Click on Apple APN setting for True Move H

Edited by skippybangkok

^ I figured. Getting anyone in customer support at True to solve your very iPhone-specific issues is basically asking for a "it doesn't work, sorry" response. They don't know, and they don't have anybody there who would know. Apple customer service *should* be better than that though.

Edited by nikster