Immigration Desk At Bumrungrad Hospital

Hi all,

The senario is looking like K.Wife will be giving birth mid april at Bamrungrad hospital, roughly the same time her extension of her stay on her O-visa is due (based on marriage to yours truely). At that stage she will be towards the end of the 3 month entry period.

Just wondering if:

a. immigration still have a presence at the hospital

b. will they be able to extend her visa, or will she have to trot down to immigration at suan phlu 8.5 months pregnant to do it all.

Thanks in advance.

From my experience (not childbirth) they will probably only be able to provide a 30 day or so extension of stay to cover her until she is able to present herself to immigration.  But that is just a guess.

Ever heard about a "doctor's (medical) certification..."?

That's what is needed and will be accepted @ Suan Phlu.

When I had to renew my support visa in September our son was in hospital and my wife stayed with him. We got the hospital to write a letter explaining the circumstances and Immigration granted a 2 week extension. I suspect that the same will apply here though a month or 6 weeks may be needed.

From my experience (not childbirth) they will probably only be able to provide a 30 day or so extension of stay to cover her until she is able to present herself to immigration.  But that is just a guess.

It will be accepted for a short extension of stay as I said.

My brother's wife just got 90 days extention of her two months tourist visa days after she gave birth to their child just two weeks ago. My wife who helped them out get the extention at Suan Phlu said all they needed was her passport and doctor's certificate, my brother's wife did not have to be present at Suanphlu.

her extension of her stay on her O-visa is due (based on marriage to yours truely). At that stage she will be towards the end of the 3 month entry period.

Had taken your OP to mean she was here on a 12 month extension of stay as your wife but that 3 month entry period must mean she is just here on a 90 day visa entry? So would she be doing a visa run or an extension of stay at immigration? If an extension of stay she could go when within last 30 days of stay and prior to birth. If for a visa run she (you) should be able to obtain enough time to do that after the birth.

If an extension of stay she could go when within last 30 days of stay and prior to birth. 

My wife told me Suanphlu Immigration official said the same thing when she went to do 90 days extension of tourist visa for my sister-in-law. That it is advisable the extension be applied before the last 30 days of the visa expiry. Though she applied for and got the extension after the birth of the baby (because of almost a month premature delivery).

Edited by Nordlys

Hi all,

The senario is looking like K.Wife will be giving birth mid april at Bamrungrad hospital, roughly the same time her extension of her stay on her O-visa is due (based on marriage to yours truely). At that stage she will be towards the end of the 3 month entry period.

Just wondering if:

a. immigration still have a presence at the hospital

b. will they be able to extend her visa, or will she have to trot down to immigration at suan phlu 8.5 months pregnant to do it all.

Thanks in advance.

Why don't try to get the extension a littel early. I don't think the 30 day thing is always strickly enforced.

TH

her extension of her stay on her O-visa is due (based on marriage to yours truely). At that stage she will be towards the end of the 3 month entry period.

Had taken your OP to mean she was here on a 12 month extension of stay as your wife but that 3 month entry period must mean she is just here on a 90 day visa entry? So would she be doing a visa run or an extension of stay at immigration? If an extension of stay she could go when within last 30 days of stay and prior to birth. If for a visa run she (you) should be able to obtain enough time to do that after the birth.

All, thanks for the advice.

Lopburi - No, currently she is here on a multi entry 'o' issued in London. She is on her first 90 day entry, and as we are going back to OZ in Jan there is no need for an extension at the moment as she'll get another 90 days when she gets back in late jan.

But then Feb, March, April...90 days are up and baby is due in that last month. I just want to her to avoid the trip down to Suan Phlu when she is just about to pop, cause if the baby even remotely takes after me, its going to be a big fella (or sheila). And I'd like my wife to be able to avoid the heat of April as much as possible. But then again, I suppose she will be OK.