What'S Up With Paypal? Transaction Refused

What is up with paypal?

I have an account with them for over a year and the last few days, I keep getting transactions refused by paypal.

I have it linked to my Bangkok Bank account through the debit card.

This is the message I keep getting

Transaction refused due to risk model (10205/Error) There was a problem authorizing your credit. Please verify your payment information or use an alternate form of payment.

I went onto their site and couldn’t find anything in their automated help area and sent them an e-mail last week with no reply.

Have you got a replacement debit card recently with new expiration date? Or is the current card still valid? I know when I replaced my Bangkok Bank debit card due to a crack in the magnetic strip the replacement card had a completely different number on it along with a new expiration date. I also had my Bangkok Bank debit card link to PayPal but since the replacement card had a new number I decided against adding the card to PayPal since I had only used it once to pay for an Ebay item via PayPal.

Actually, that suggestion didn't seem to work. I checked all my account settings, card settings, etc. And everything was updated.

I assumed when I made a transaction through paypal it would automatically take it out of my Bangkok Bank accont.

Thanks. Actually, I remember getting a new debit card from Bangkok Bank after losing the one prior.

Thanks for reminding me.

good day

Assuming your Bangkok Bank debit is identified as "confirmed" in your PayPal account then use of the debit card as the source of payment would pull the money from your Bangkok Bank account. That's the way it worked for me (just like an other debit card) when I paid for an Ebay buy once using my Bangkok Bank debit card via PayPal.

Since whatever merchant website you were on rejected your attempt purchase due to "Transaction refused due to risk model (10205/Error)" it sounds like PayPal senses something may be fraudulent with the transaction....probably the only way to clear that up is to contact PayPal. Sounds like it may be similar to payment for purchases via credit card being put onhold by the credit card company until they hear from you that it was indeed you making the transaction....this is much more likely to happen with overseas transactions. This happened to me once when I was still living in the States....got a call from my credit card company saying they had placed a payment hold on a certain transaction which had been made via an online order to a merchant in Spain...I said I had made no such purchase/online order....they said my credit card number had apparently somehow been compromised, canceled it, and sent me a new card with a new number. Recommend you email PayPal again via your PayPal account or call them.

Actually, that suggestion didn't seem to work. I checked all my account settings, card settings, etc. And everything was updated.

I assumed when I made a transaction through paypal it would automatically take it out of my Bangkok Bank accont.

Thanks. Actually, I remember getting a new debit card from Bangkok Bank after losing the one prior.

Thanks for reminding me.

good day

My Bangkok Bank card is confirmed, almost 5 months ago when I got their transaction code to paste onto their website.

Does paypal have a call center or contact number here in Thailand. I did see something on their website which started with 65............................, or will I have to place it to the U.S.

Thanks for your help.

Good day

Assuming your Bangkok Bank debit is identified as "confirmed" in your PayPal account then use of the debit card as the source of payment would pull the money from your Bangkok Bank account. That's the way it worked for me (just like an other debit card) when I paid for an Ebay buy once using my Bangkok Bank debit card via PayPal.

Since whatever merchant website you were on rejected your attempt purchase due to "Transaction refused due to risk model (10205/Error)" it sounds like PayPal senses something may be fraudulent with the transaction....probably the only way to clear that up is to contact PayPal. Sounds like it may be similar to payment for purchases via credit card being put onhold by the credit card company until they hear from you that it was indeed you making the transaction....this is much more likely to happen with overseas transactions. This happened to me once when I was still living in the States....got a call from my credit card company saying they had placed a payment hold on a certain transaction which had been made via an online order to a merchant in Spain...I said I had made no such purchase/online order....they said my credit card number had apparently somehow been compromised, canceled it, and sent me a new card with a new number. Recommend you email PayPal again via your PayPal account or call them.

Thanks for reminding me.

good day

Are you sure PayPal count your NEW card as confirmed?

Isn't some part of the numbers different from your origin card? (You have a control number too. I guess that's different to show it's an other card than the lost one, because otherwice can finder of old card use it, I suppose :)

So I guess you need to do the confirmation process once again.

Edited by Pingis