Black Iron Hardware For Front Door

Rasseru

I am trying to find some black iron hardware, in a roughly finished style, to use on a front door. I've looked for it without success at some of the obvious places, like Home Pro. Any suggestions of places you think might have it?

You will most likely have to get what you want custom built. There are lots of welding shops around town; almost any one of those places will fix you up. I used a guy in San Pi Seua (north of town along the east side of the river), and I'm sure he can provide you what you want if you are not too far from there.

Thanks, MrBrad. I thought of that possibility, but given what a complicated piece of kit a door knob can be, one at least with a turning and release mechanism inside, I would like if possible to find one already made. Perhaps, though, I could just have the knobs and covering plates made, and use them with a store bought internal mechanism.

There is a shop in Baan Tawai that sells all kinds of door and window type hardware. I have not gone in so I can not say for sure it will have what you want, but it might be worth the trip to see if you can use what they do have.

Do not remember what zone, but do remember it is on the left hand side as you walk in from the road.