Any Experience With Ap-carrent ?

AsiaWolfie

Hi ! 

www.via-phuket.com , not that cheap but some friends tried this company and it was ok!

Flip

I used Via a couple times and found the cars to usually be in fairly junky condition. Even had to take one back a couple times - and never really got it fixed. But, post-tsunami they may have lots of new cars in better condition.

I always, nowadays, use Budget Rent a Car. A bit more but they pick up and deliver where you are. They also earned my loyalty when my wife had an accident in one of their cars. They were "Johnny on the spot" and their insurance man showed up within 30 minutes - THEY sorted everything out with the police and even upgraded our car at no extra cost.

I like that they don't play games about scratches on the car - and I now KNOW the insurance and follow up is GREAT if you have an accident.

Never used AP car rent, but 500 baht is about right for more than 7 days on a Suzuki Caribian. Usually prices start around 600 baht for Caribians.

If you are interested, check out Island Tour car rental: 01-607 8567 (English and Thai speaking)

Very polite staff, punctual, professional insurance people, and they deliver car to you (and take it back) for free. I am not sure if they do Caribians, but you can check with them.

thanks for your comments and suggestions. via-phuket is quite expensive... yes of course I would go for BUDGET or HERTZ or one of the well-known big global players, unfortunately, my budget is limited :o 600 baht is regular rate for a Caribbian ? never found any such rate at any of those car-rental-companies' homepages, except AP car-rent.... and their rates for bigger cars are very very competitive too.... but seems like nobody knows them....