Dependent Visa

The saga continues with my agency. Anyway, they assured me that they would cancel my work permit on Oct 14 and I had hoped to turn my non immigrant b visa into a dependent visa. My wife, who is a Filipino, has a valid work permit and non immigrant visa. As it turns out the agency officially terminated my visa on the 11th. Tomorrow I will go to the border and get a 15 day tourist visa and pay my 1000 baht fine. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:. Is it possible to get a dependent? What are the requirements?

Thanks a million

L

Your wife would need to have a 12 month extension from immigration for you to qualify.

2.20 In the case of a family

member of an alien who has been permitted temporary

stay under clauses 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.5, 2.6,2.7, 2.10, 2.12, 2.13,2.4, 2.15, 2.16, 2.17,

2.21, 2.22,2.26,6.29 of this Order (applicable only to parents, spouse, child, adopted child or child of

his/her spouse):

Permission will be

granted for a period of

not more than 1 year at a time.

(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM);

(2) Proof of family relationship;

(3) In the case of a spouse, the marital relationship shall be de

jure (legitimate) and de facto;

Your wife would need to have a 12 month extension from immigration for you to qualify.

2.20 In the case of a family

member of an alien who has been permitted temporary

stay under clauses 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.5, 2.6,2.7, 2.10, 2.12, 2.13,2.4, 2.15, 2.16, 2.17,

2.21, 2.22,2.26,6.29 of this Order (applicable only to parents, spouse, child, adopted child or child of

his/her spouse):

Permission will be

granted for a period of

not more than 1 year at a time.

(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM);

(2) Proof of family relationship;

(3) In the case of a spouse, the marital relationship shall be de

jure (legitimate) and de facto;

How would she get a 12 month extension? Her contract, which she signed this past September 12, is good for one year. What hoops must I jump through to get this visa? How easy would it be to get a new work permit with my dependence visa? Again thanks a million

L

You would at least need a copy of your wife's passport with extension of stay, copy of work permit, proof of the marriage and a letter from her employer confirming she works with them and asking for a visa for you might be helpfull.

So i get one with a 15 day tourist visa?

You need a Non Imm Visa.

Does your Wife have an extension of stay or a Non Imm B Visa?

She has a single entry non immigrant b visa with a valid wp. Both are set to expire sometime next Sept. Is the Non Imm O visa the dependent visa?

For you to be eligible she has to have a 12 Month Extension of Stay obtained from immigration.

A Non Imm B Visa will not do.

Are you sure she has a single entry Non Imm B Visa? That would only give her 90 days. Not a year.

with a single entry non immigrant b visa you have to report to immigration every 90 days not leave the country. but the visa is good for a year if I am not mistaken. Even with a multple entry non imm b visa (something that I had when I initially came to Thailand) you must report to immigration every 90s. I am not aware of any working visa which you do not report every 90 days. How can she get a 12 month extension of stay?

you mean she has to have a retirement visa??

http://www.thaivisa....ension-of-stay/

Dependent Visa in Thailand

Foreigners who are in long stay visas in Thailand may be able to bring their family in Thailand to live with them through a Non-Immigrant O Visa also known as Dependent Visa. This type of Thai Visa applies to the immediate family (parents, spouse and minor children) of the visa holder of any of the following visas:

1. Non-Immigrant B Visa with Work Permit
  2. Retirement Visa – this only applies to the spouse of the retirement visa holder who is younger than 50 years old
  3. Non Immigrant O visas with Work Permit for those working for foundations and non profit organizations

http://www.gam-legal...endent-visa.php

Edited by Letmeteach

You seem to be confused about the correct terminology.

Look at your wife's passport. It says "admitted untill" or "extension of stay permitted untill". What is the date it says there?

from the visa:

BISA - Visa

Location Immigration

Extension of stay permitted up to 18 sep 2012

From 14 sep 2011

*notification of residence must be made every 90 days.

Edited by Letmeteach

If the applicant is outside of Thailand, she may be able to apply for a dependent visa directly from the Thai embassy or consulate provided that she has all the necessary documents. Otherwise, the applicant can come to Thailand through an initial visa valid for 90 days and then consummate the dependent visa application at the Thai immigration office.

If the applicant is in Thailand and is holding another visa, she can always switch into a Non immigrant O dependent visa as long as she’s qualified.

http://www.gam-legalalliance.com/dependent-visa.php

It's getting late and my mind is slowly shutting down. Never have I been "fired" from a job either here in Thailand or America. Guess the lack of sleep and and the stress is finally catching up with me. g'night everyone. Th

warmest regards

L

How would she get a 12 month extension? Her contract, which she signed this past September 12, is good for one year. What hoops must I jump through to get this visa? How easy would it be to get a new work permit with my dependence visa? Again thanks a million

L

It seems that there has been a recent rule change (at least with Surat Thani Labour Dept) that you cannot get a work permit if on a dependent extension unless the spouse is Thai. Interested to know if this is a national policy or just the local office being difficult as usual?

Not sue about the a policy, but seems they are not the only labour department. In that case it might be easier to get the paperwork together and apply for a work permit and go abroad with the wp3 form and company papers to get a non-B visa.