Honda Cbr 250

For those who said boring. Have a look at this http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/aprilia/top-10-hottest-bikes-of-2011-90251.html

Hottest bikes of 2011. What's at #6, among some of the biggest/most expensive/most powerful bikes on the planet?

no mention of a cbr 250 there :huh:

have to agree though, single cylinder 250 = boring, especially with Honda trying to disguise it as a sportsbike :whistling:

For those who said boring. Have a look at this http://www.motorcycl...2011-90251.html

Hottest bikes of 2011. What's at #6, among some of the biggest/most expensive/most powerful bikes on the planet?

“Is the CBR250R a Ninja 250R killer?” Jeff asked in our CBR250R review. “No. Is it solid competition? You bet. At this juncture, we can tell you it may not win a drag race with some other 250s, but it is a winner in its own right. I wish I had a bike this cool when I was starting out.” :passifier:

For those who said boring. Have a look at this http://www.motorcycl...2011-90251.html

have to agree though, single cylinder 250 = boring, especially with Honda trying to disguise it as a sportsbike :whistling:

No mention? What a strange response! Did you actually scroll down ???????????

No mention? What a strange response! Did you actually scroll down ???????????

The little CB"r" is there, but it's easy to miss, mixed in with the real bikes as it were ;)

I admit its not a killer but for sure its quicker of the block than a cbr400. i had the latter bike for many years and my new 250r with good torque is much more nippy at low speeds, which i like

Well maybe up to about 40-50kmh but the Cbr400 or even the older Cbr250 will walk all over the new one once they are revving.

i ALSO have te new Cbr250 and had the MC19 cbr250. But i do agree that for Thailand the new one is a GREAT bike.

I admit its not a killer but for sure its quicker of the block than a cbr400. i had the latter bike for many years and my new 250r with good torque is much more nippy at low speeds, which i like

Well maybe up to about 40-50kmh but the Cbr400 or even the older Cbr250 will walk all over the new one once they are revving.

i ALSO have te new Cbr250 and had the MC19 cbr250. But i do agree that for Thailand the new one is a GREAT bike.

I would like to change my scoot for one but I would certainly do something with the end can.

I like this one says it's a 250RR in Thailand

http://otomotifmaniak.blogspot.com/2011/02/honda-cbr-250-rr.html

post-87530-0-08283000-1319194346_thumb.j

I would like to change my scoot for one but I would certainly do something with the end can.

I like this one says it's a 250RR in Thailand

http://otomotifmania...cbr-250-rr.html

Nope.... its not. that article only had 2 out of the 7 pictures which were actual Cbr250r's the rest were photo shops or different bikes.

The end can is easy to change ...what's difficult is trying to find one thats not TO loud. Still looking myself.

the least Honda could have done is put a decent aluminum swing-arm opposed to some cheap shit, box-iron..

If they had a un-faired version i might possibly consider it but making it look like a sports-bike only makes the owner look like a wannabe <deleted> ..

Edited by William Osborne

the least Honda could have done is put decent aluminum swing-arm opposed to some cheap shit box-iron..

If they had a un-faired version i might possibly consider it but making it looks a sports-bike only makes the owner look like a <deleted> ..

Then the price would have gone up for no real benefit.

If ya want an ally swingarm fit it ya self about 10,000b but why would you it's a Sports tourer for goodness sake.

post-62652-0-93359700-1319198378_thumb.j

wannabe <deleted>...... what do we want to be. other than financially better off as the fairing makes for a much more streamlined and efficient bike :D

Edited by thaicbr

I have removed posts, (and various nested replies to those posts), for being both trollish and baiting, inciting argument from other members.

Beware: Excessive profanity, & personal attacks on other members may forfeit your posting privilege, so I suggest if you have a problem with another member's content, use the report feature, or ignore it.

Lets be honest people. The CBR250r engine is so agricultural it would be at home in any Honda trail bike frame!

That's not to say it's a bad bike, just that Honda have been cheapo in a market which was hungry for 250's.

Lets be honest people. The CBR250r engine is so agricultural it would be at home in any Honda trail bike frame!

That's not to say it's a bad bike, just that Honda have been cheapo in a market which was hungry for 250's.

Not sure it can be described as agricultural........it has several patents for new leading edge engine developments which other manufacturers now cannot use.

Honda in the wisdom have produced a bike (and engine) targeted at a global market looking for maximum sales volume.

Sure it may not suit some people......too much power for some....too little for others. But for the market it was aimed at, it can only be described as a resounding successful bike.

Be nice if Honda added a RR model to the line up with increased power and upgraded suspension etc......but the sales volume would be low so not commercially viable??

Just go and buy a Kawa 650 or better a Honda 600 CBR for better performance.

The CBR250 was an the upgrade of the CBR150 / CBR125 which a lot of people were hoping for. It was never supposed to be a boy racer's dream come true or a follow up of the old 250. Some people just need to get a life, especially if they already have the bikes they claim to absolutely love. What in the world does someone get out of belittling other people, especially if they seemingly are so much above them, riding in a clearly higher, better, faster and above all shinier class? Almost feeling sorry for those kind of losers...

it is a comfortable bike to cruise around the city on ,definately not for pure speed but i think they have done ok for 100,000 thb

of course everyone would like it to be 45+ hp with better suspension and tyres and double disc brakes like the old cbr 250rr from the 90's but

its a bike built for a post - recession era so it looks like its been designed to be cost effective,theres 6000 km between services ,

it is very economical for benzine or gasohol

if it cost 200,000 and used twice as much gas they would sell an awful lot less of them ,they will probably release some thing faster in 2012 like a 600cc

but this 250r is fine as it is for city use

i saw them racing at Bira few months back, whilst can't argue the lap times of the fast riders,they really have a horrible engine note, sounds like a bunch of tractors farting about the place.

Oh and the 'match-stick' like front forks look great as well :whistling:

That statement does show how LITTLE you know about bikes... The original Cbr250rr also had 'matchstick ' front forks. They are 37mm forks the same as the Ninja and most all other 250cc bikes in the world. Hilariousbiggrin.gif

That statement does show how LITTLE you know about bikes... The original Cbr250rr also had 'matchstick ' front forks. They are 37mm forks the same as the Ninja and most all other 250cc bikes in the world. Hilariousbiggrin.gif

Sorry, i don't carry the specs of every bike in my head :blink:

anyway, the RR is a 20 year old bike and the Ninja is another bike made to look sporty at first glance so hardly a comparison :rolleyes:

If they had mass produced a set of USD forks an a decent swingarm, wouldn't have added that much to the price.... far better than a cumbersome ABS system as IMHO, if you don't have enough skill to use normal brakes without falling on your ass...best stick to the scooters ;)

Edited by William Osborne

Sorry, i don't carry the specs of every bike in my head :blink:

anyway, the RR is a 20 year old bike and the Ninja is another bike made to look sporty at first glance so hardly a comparison :rolleyes:

If they had mass produced a set of USD forks an a decent swingarm, wouldn't have added that much to the price.... far better than a cumbersome ABS system as IMHO, if you don't have enough skill to use normal brakes without falling on your ass...best stick to the scooters ;)

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif. What an arse. Looking at your comments you don't carry much in your headsaai.gif

All bikes in the European union will need ABS by 2015 (therefore cost effective for other markets).

If you do not believe the merits of ABS,

well ok. I refer to my previous commentcool.gif

Edited by thaicbr