Any Flooding In Phnom Penh Or Cambodia In General

Stekmer

From what I've read there has been very heavy rain (for some months) across Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam with significant flooding and loss of life.

The flood situation in Bangkok is well publicised but information about the situation in Cambodia less so.

Is Phnom Penh flooded?

Is the airport OK?

I'm booked into Indochine 2 Hotel in 2 weeks time - pretty close to the river - and would really appreciate any information from people on the ground in Phnom Penh, Kampot & Sihanoukville.

I'm assuming that I'll be able to fly into Bangkok (Suvarnabhumi) and out again after a few days - floods permitting - otherwise I may have to do a last minute change of entry points from Bangkok to KL to try and resurrect the trip.

I live in Phnom Penh and it's pretty dry here, However, upcountry, there has been heavy water damage and still some areas e.g., Siem Reap, have flood damage.

The Mekong River Commission has pretty good water monitoring reports and forecasts. Go here

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp

Was in PP several days ago, no problem. Bus to Shinookville, no problem, van to Kampot no problem, or Kep as went to both. Bus back from Kampot was no problem, and bus to Battambang was a bit slow going for the first half of ride, second half was no problem. And Siem Reip, problem, avoid it as is flooded. This was as of Monday-Thursday of last week.

Hope info helps.

Thanks torin

Very helpful information.

I've got confirmed seats on AirAsia for Nov 6th BKK to PNH - connecting with my inbound flight from Australia to BKK on Nov 4th

Now I just need to get Singapore airlines to re-route my ADL to BKK flight to either KL (to get a different AirAsia flight to Phnom Penh) or possibly direct from SIN to PNH