International Driving License

Does somebody know whether I can apply in Bangkok for an International driving license with my current Thai driving license?

I have a work permit and Non Immigrant B visa.

And if I will be able to do  so,this which documents should I submit?

Thanks

Do you also have a foreign driver's license? For example, if you have a UK or a USA one you can apply (via mail) for an International Driver's Permit from the respective authorized issuing agency (e.g., AAA in USA). Since you have a Thai license I think you can also get an International Driver's Permit from the Thai office that is near the weekend market here in BKK. I don't think it is limited to Thai citizens.

Whatever you do....don't rely on those mail order places that offer 5, 10 and 20 year International Driver's Licenses. They are void everywhere.

If you have a Thai drivers license, hy would you want an international drivers license?

Barry

Perhaps to drive in overseas? Many countries do acept Thai licences, but only with a translation. Easier, to use an IDP which can be applied for if you have a Thai licence.

To the OP, click here for details and addresses:

http://www.thaivisa.com/320.0.html

Like Axel already mentioned,I will spend the upcoming holidays in Australia and need a valid International Driving license over there when renting a car.

Beside my Thai Driving license,I have a 22 year old Belgian Driving license which would be valid in Europe only .

But with my official residence in Thailand,it would be probably easier to obtain a Thai International license.

Will give it a try! Thanks for the information