What Papers Are Needed To Re-Register A Motorbike After 1St Year ?

paulian

Had dealer register my bike when I purchased it a few months ago. Lost folder on my highly unorganized computer, with what I provided to them for registration and to receive the Green book . Can anybody refresh my memory ?

As I recall it was:

A certificate of Residency from immigration.

Passport & Copy

Visa copy

I assume the current sticker.

Can anyone provide a complete list of what I will need in Pattaya at Land Transport ? Like do I need to provide a photo of the VIN or a photo of me ?

You just need to get tax and insurance...no need to reregister.. most insurance or bike shops will do for 100b extra fee. its about 500b total for a 125cc

they take a rubbing of the vin number so take ya bike with and greenbook with ya.

Edited by thaicbr

Oh .... I thought I had to make a trip to the Transport Office ? My Government Insurance is not up till 28 April 2012, however, my Reg is up 15 Jan 2012. however that happened and my 3rd party is good till Sept, 2012. I purchase the bike as a demo, so guess I'll just go back to the dealer and let them handle it. I don't suppose you know if I need a Certificate of residency as I needed when I originally registered it ? Thanks, for the info and help. Paul

Or just take the green book to the local Land Transport office (Mo Chit if you're in Bangkok... First building on the left)

At the far left end, there's a tax counter, take a number, hand them the Green Book, they'll tell you the tax payable.

Take the Green Book and the tax receipt to the main reception counter, and they'll give you another number.

Go to the counter when you're called, and pay the registration/insurance fee, and they'll update the Green Book and print the new label.

All done..

Cheers.

Oh .... I thought I had to make a trip to the Transport Office ? My Government Insurance is not up till 28 April 2012, however, my Reg is up 15 Jan 2012. however that happened and my 3rd party is good till Sept, 2012. I purchase the bike as a demo, so guess I'll just go back to the dealer and let them handle it. I don't suppose you know if I need a Certificate of residency as I needed when I originally registered it ? Thanks, for the info and help. Paul

there is no bullshit at all with re-taxing a bike ,you dont even need the bike

you can walk in with the greenbook and some cash and 10 minutes later walk out with a new tax disc

ive done it a couple of times in the last 2 months and they never asked me for anything else