Hull Multi O Application

Quick questionI have applied many times to Hull for my visa and my passport is usually returned within 3 daysso this time I send it off with all the extra info they require after calling and asking so all is ok5 days pass and no passprt returned which for me is unusualI call day six to check what is happening, the girl very nicely says she has my passport and everything is ok but the reason for the delay is they are busy and I don't need mine until 3 weeks time, so I say that's fine.another 9 days pass and still no passport so I call again asking if all is ok, girl says yes I have your passport in front of me and as mentioned before we are very busy but will send out tomorrow.Now I am 10 days from my flight and 5 days from the last call and quite frankly getting really worried that there is a problem, I have booked my flights and paid for everything but I cannot thravel without my passport and if there is an issue it is now too late to do anything about it.So my question to anyone having recently applied for a visa at Hull, have you experienced a delay like above, and yes I am going to ring on Monday and try and find out what is going on because it is really starting to worry me, this will be the 3rd call I have made.

Hull's previously very quick service seems to have slowed down.

My recent experience for a Non-imm O Multi was:-

Thu 15 Sept - post application

Fri 16 Sept - visa fee debited from card

Wed 21 Sept - date of visa

Thu 22 Sept - e-mailed asking where my passport was as it was taking a lot longer than previous years and I was concerned the Post Office had lost the passport. No reply to the e-mail.

Fri 23 Sept - passport and visa received.

Date of travel was 11 October so still received passport in plenty of time, but was concerned as in previous years I've had the passport back in 3 working days.

Depending where you are it might be best to just drive there and collect it (and make sure you have the visa!).

I've only used them once and went there in person. A 3.1/2 hour drive each way but worth it to have the visa in a 20 minutes.

Edited by Bpuumike

Been using hull for many years. Never seen nor heard anything like this. Only thing I'd say is that it's worth moving ur exit flight forward on application forms in order to stimulate haste. It's always a worrying business, sending ur passport through post. Good luck anyway and please tell how u get on.

Birmingham is better, always back within 48 hours using special delivery.

I used to use Hull until 10 years ago when they they told me what had taken 3 days the year before was now going to take 3 weeks.

A good business tactic.

yes 3 weeks seems to be more like it, maybe they are doing all the checks with police etc and I guess that takes a little more time to do.

Birmingham is better, always back within 48 hours using special delivery.

I used to use Hull until 10 years ago when they they told me what had taken 3 days the year before was now going to take 3 weeks.

A good business tactic.

yes 3 weeks seems to be more like it, maybe they are doing all the checks with police etc and I guess that takes a little more time to do.

They didn't need a police check or medical cert when I went in person. They were very keen on the 800,000baht deposit, which I didn't have, but were happy enough in the end with proof of income