Hillside Resort Kabinburi

madgolfer

Went to Kabinburi a few weeks ago from Pattaya and played Kabinburi Sports club...good course did the package with Kantary Hotel very nice.

We want to go agian and maybe try Hillside...as I understand it the course was a bit ordinary but would appreciate any information layout...current condition etc...I see they do a very low cost package if you stay there.

Thanks in advance

Madgolfer

Hillside is owned by a BKK family that unfortunately have not taken advantage of a great location for a golf resort. They have just re-built in the last 6 months (I use the term loosely) all the greens but not to USGA standards. While this in it's self is not a terrible thing, it does show the amount of interest and money they are willing to invest to get people way out there to play, (as little as possible).

It has a small but decent open air coffee shop, but don't expect much service. You'll have quite a few blind tee shots and the fairways were in bad shape and hard to walk, but in all fairness they may have done something about this by now, but i have not heard anything about it so assume they are in the same condition.

If you want to go for a nice longish drive and spend the weekend in a budget type of resort, then this is probably going to suit those needs. It's not a terrible course, but I would not recommend it to a friend:)

I played it over a year ago, grass was growing through the bunkers...

Unless they have new management their I would not bother, play the sports club again.

They also tried to rip us off when checking out.. the tour organiser argued then they were going to call the local police, we paid the extra 300THB and got out of there.

Edited by rusty1976

Thanks for that guys.....someone else told me they played a while ago and likened it to Rayong CC on a good day......

The layout sounds interesting...maybe a bit like the Valley course at Wanjuntre but obviously not as well kept....maybe do Soi Dao instead this time and check it out early next year....just trying to find some interesting courses for a night stay away within say 3 hours of Pattaya.