Protect Us

linglop

From today's Nation:

CP All apologises for goods shortage

The Nation October 22, 2011 7:08 am

CP All Plc today issued a statement to apologise all clients, as shelves at many 7-Eleven outlets are left empty despite high demand.

Banyat Kamnoonwat, assistant vice president of CP All, attributed the shortage to severe flooding which blocks transportation of goods, the lower production by some suppliers, and the historical spike in demand.

"The company is trying to fix this problem. For example, we are ordering goods from provincial distribution centres, securing more bigger trucks and looking for substitute goods. We believe that these measures would help ease consumers’ difficulties to some extent. Once the water subsides, we’ll do everything to restore the goods availability to the pre-flood level," he said.

As they used to say back in the US, "Oh, thank heaven for 7-11". I went into my local yesterday and they were out of water, bread, and milk. Did have butter, snickers bars, a few bags of peanuts and my favorite, soda water. I'd rather have soda water than normal water. Loaded up.