Music Missing From The 'Music' Section On Ipad 2

BIGJIMMY

I downloaded the new OS for the wifes ipad 2 and after it was completed the music from the Music section of the ipad was wiped so I re-synced it with my Mac and it all appears well but when looking for the music on the ipad it's still not there, i've tried checking and unchecking the manually managing the music etc and nothings helping!!

Any advice Apple peeps?

Jimmy

I installed iOS 5 the other day without any problems. Everything was where it's supposed to be. Where did the music on your wife's iPad come from? Music on iPads, iPods and iPhones has to be in the iTunes library of the computer that it is synced to, if not, it's gone. In essence, if a friend of her's loaded the music from their computer, she will have to have the friend reload it. Also the music player on the iPad looks different than the old one. Look at the bottom and touch songs. Are there any? When the iPad is connected and finished syncing, look in iTunes on the left and it will show iPod. Click the arrow next to it. It's a drop down menu. Click music, it will have a list if there is any. If not, in iTunes, click music on the upper menu bar. Is sync music box checked? It gives you the choice of entire library or selected playlists, albums and artists. Choose what you want, then click sync in the bottom right corner.

Just did a system restore through the iTunes and after it had re-synced etc all the music is there so panic over, the Mrs can go back to listening to her crap R&B - ha ha!!

Thanks for your help Jimi007.

Bigjimmy

You're welcome! Glad you got it to worK!