Worst Accident I Have Ever Seen: Moto Gp Sepang.

ScubaBuddha

This is terrible. Let's hope Marco Simoncelli's condition doesn't seem as bad is it appeared. I have never seen a GP rider dehelmeted like that. Watching the replay now it looks as though Edwards ran straight into the back of Simoncelli, just as Rossi ran straight into the back of Marco's head. I fear the worst has happened again, but I will hope for the best.

Capture-1.jpg

Edit: Commentator says he is getting positive news, but nothing official yet.

Race cancelled....Not a good sign at all.

Seems like his front tyre lost grip and then got grip again sending him directly into Edwards' path. Both Rossi and Edwards in an unavoidable situation. How very sad for all concerned. Let's hope for the best possible outcome.

Edited by Woodsie888

Simoncelli in horrific crash at Sepang

Marco Simoncelli (Honda) was involved in a very serious crash on the second lap of the Malaysian MotoGP Grand Prix at Sepang on Sunday.

Simoncelli had been involved in a fierce battle for fourth place with Alvaro Bautista (Suzuki) from the end of the first lap and the pair swopped places repeatedly during the first part of the second lap.

Coming out of Turn 11, Simoncelli fell as the front tyre of his Honda lost traction and the bike fell away under him and he was skating to the left towards the outside of the track. But then the front tyre gripped again and swerved sharply to the right and the bike with the rider down on the track veered straight into the path of Colin Edwards who crashed into Simoncelli and his bike, and Simoncelli's helmet was ripped off in the crash. Both also crashed into Valentino Rossi (Ducati) as he was swerving right trying to avoid them. Neither Edwards nor Rossi had any chance of avoiding the accident

Supersport.com

RT @BBCSport: Marco Simoncelli conscious in the medical centre. Malaysian MotoGP to re-start at 0945 BST - Twitter

Race cancelled may be interpreted wrongly on what is the actual condition of Marco Simoncelli. #MotoGP Twitter

RT @ detiksport: Again, Simoncelli is rumored to be in a conscious state. Doctors at the Sepang Circuit will soon provide news

MotoRaceFeed Moto Race Feed

Official : Race cancelled at the Medical Centre Staff is focusing on treating Marco Simoncelli - #MotoGP

MotoRaceFeed Moto Race Feed

Basically, race cannot carry on as all Medical staff IS in Medical Centre so couldn't attend anything on track #MotoGP

I'll post this but no more out of respect. The video is very hard to watch.

Capture1.jpg

Capture2a.jpg

Capture2-1.jpg

Last reports have Marco alive but in critical condition.

Edited by ScubaBuddha

Very sadly, his death has been announced. RIP Marco.

Just shown on supersport.

Simoncelli's girlfriend had been watching the race from his garage.

Half an hour after the incident, the race was abandoned.

At 15h56 local time, it was announced that Marco Simoncelli had succumbed to his injuries.

Damnit.

RIP Marco.

I can't imagine the grief Rossi is experiencing right now. Marco was his good mate, and it was Rossi's bike that impacted Marco's head. Rossi was said to be unconsolable in the Ducati garage after the accident.

Edited by ScubaBuddha

Marco Simoncelli dies after crash in Sepang

Simoncelli was involved in a crash with two other bikes

Marco Simoncelli has died after a horrific crash at the Malaysian MotoGP in Sepang.

The race was cancelled after four minutes when Honda rider Simoncelli fell and was hit by Colin Edwards and Valentino Rossi as he slid across the track.

The 24-year-old had his helmet knocked off in the accident and the race was immediately red-flagged.

BBC Sport

Can't believe the actions of the Malaysian track commentary team. They simply announced that the race was cancelled with out explanation! Hence the jeers and crowd displeasure.

Failed to state the obvious that the track medical facility were very busy and the obvious safety factor of re-starting the race without them would be compromised!

Edit: I hope Edwards and Rossi are not too badly effected by this accident. RIP Marco and thank you for an entertaining season.

Edited by bdenner

I would not be at all surprised if VR announces his retirement after this event.

Neither would I. I can't blame him.

Yep, an indifferent season, injuries carried over from last year and now his young buddy. His body language on the bike immediately after the accident said it all. He knew what the result was already.

Sorry RidersCorner, that video is just too graphic. Out of respect to Marco Simoncelli's family, friends and fans I've asked the mods to remove it. Incredibly tasteless... :(

Big Bike BKK, I think were all big boys here and I think his family and friends would understand . If you find it tasteless then dont click on it but don't play social conscience for rest of us.

This is a forum not your blog site.

Obviously this is tragic and thoughts go out to family and friends.

I also think Edwards and Rossi must be a in terrible state.. there was nothing they could do and the sight of a persons helmet tumbling across the turf is just horrifying.

RIP Marco, you were entertaining and bought allot to the sport.

Sorry RidersCorner, that video is just too graphic. Out of respect to Marco Simoncelli's family, friends and fans I've asked the mods to remove it. Incredibly tasteless... :(

I very much doubt Marco's family are monitoring Thai Visa. This is in the public domain and as a very keen Motor Cyclist which I don't doubt, I'm sure you would have seen this on Television live already.

Get off your high horse.

Big Bike BKK, I think were all big boys here and I think his family and friends would understand . If you find it tasteless then dont click on it but don't play social conscience for rest of us.

This is a forum not your blog site.

Obviously this is tragic and thoughts go out to family and friends.

I also think Edwards and Rossi must be a in terrible state.. there was nothing they could do and the sight of a persons helmet tumbling across the turf is just horrifying.

RIP Marco, you were entertaining and bought allot to the spor

Fair call Monty. I'm not a big enough boy. Feel sick to my stomach but I accept that I clicked. Wish I hadn't.

I very much doubt Marco's family are monitoring Thai Visa. This is in the public domain and as a very keen Motor Cyclist which I don't doubt, I'm sure you would have seen this on Television live already.

Get off your high horse.

Gee Woodsie. Fair enough that removing the vision might be the wrong call but why would you lower this tragic thread with a personal insult like "get off your high horse'? We've all got different opinions but there are times when a little civility may be appropriate.