Worst Accident I Have Ever Seen: Moto Gp Sepang.

ScubaBuddha

Sorry RidersCorner, that video is just too graphic. Out of respect to Marco Simoncelli's family, friends and fans I've asked the mods to remove it. Incredibly tasteless... :(

Seconded

The link is no longer availeble, so we can't comment on it. Since it is not for viewing this issue has been resolved.

Sorry RidersCorner, that video is just too graphic. Out of respect to Marco Simoncelli's family, friends and fans I've asked the mods to remove it. Incredibly tasteless... :(

Seconded

The link is no longer availeble, so we can't comment on it. Since it is not for viewing this issue has been resolved.

Good taste and sensitivity prevail. Only my opinion for sure.

I very much doubt Marco's family are monitoring Thai Visa. This is in the public domain and as a very keen Motor Cyclist which I don't doubt, I'm sure you would have seen this on Television live already.

Get off your high horse.

Gee Woodsie. Fair enough that removing the vision might be the wrong call but why would you lower this tragic thread with a personal insult like "get off your high horse'? We've all got different opinions but there are times when a little civility may be appropriate.

I agree with you Andrew. My disagreement is purely down to him stating "incredibly tasteless'. This tragic event was indeed, live on Television and has since been disseminated all over the world. Millions of viewers had already seen it. It will be in the Public Domain forever and you, BBK, nor I can prevent that. This has nothing to do with taste at all. It was a very tragic event and some TV members may wish to see what actually happened. An absolute tragedy to witness the end of an exceptionally promising career.

Once again, RIP Marco.

Edited by Woodsie888

I very much doubt Marco's family are monitoring Thai Visa. This is in the public domain and as a very keen Motor Cyclist which I don't doubt, I'm sure you would have seen this on Television live already.

Get off your high horse.

Gee Woodsie. Fair enough that removing the vision might be the wrong call but why would you lower this tragic thread with a personal insult like "get off your high horse'? We've all got different opinions but there are times when a little civility may be appropriate.

I agree with you Andrew. My disagreement is purely down to him stating "incredibly tasteless'. This tragic event was indeed, live on Television and has since been disseminated all over the world. Millions of viewers had already seen it. It will be in the Public Domain forever and you, BBK, nor I can prevent that. This has nothing to do with taste at all. It was a very tragic event and some TV members may wish to see what actually happened. An absolute tragedy to witness the end of an exceptionally promising career.

Once again, RIP Marco.

G'donya mate.

Sure was a shit of a prang.

I think these guys live and die by 'better to get shot out of a cannon than squeezed out of a tube'.

Tragic for so many.

My thoughts are with them.

Sorry I jumped on you.

Get off your high horse.

Once again, RIP Marco.

G'donya mate.

Sure was a shit of a prang.

I think these guys live and die by 'better to get shot out of a cannon than squeezed out of a tube'.

Tragic for so many.

My thoughts are with them.

Sorry I jumped on you.

No worries mate!

RIP Simo.

Loved watching his swashbuckling style of riding and was hoping he could tame the Desmo sometime in the future Was lucky enough to see him take the 250cc title in Sepang in 2008.

What a crowd- pleaser he was.

Edited by RusticCharm

Seconded

The link is no longer available, so we can't comment on it. Since it is not for viewing this issue has been resolved.

Posts of the crash on Youtube are being taken down as quickly as they are posted primarily due to copyright infringement, but eventually will also be taken down due to YouTube policy which does not allow video of peoples deaths posted.

I agree it should not be posted here. Those that really want to see it can go to Youtube and try to catch a post of it before it is deleted. Otherwise you can get an idea of how it happened from the frames I posted leading up to the accident.

RIP

simoncelli-rossi.jpg

Otherwise you can get an idea of how it happened from the frames I posted leading up to the accident.

After seeing the helmet bouncing around during live coverage was enough for me and don't want to see it again. But in saying that we live in a more realistic world and no one, that I've seen, has been offended by the graphic scenes out of Libya over the last few days.

I saw that they showed the accident on a norwegian news paper... not a good view as we can all see the seriousness of the whole accident. I hope that everyone involved will manage to move along and remember Marco for his wonderful riding skills...

, any thoughts on what happened to the helmet?

RIP MARCO

I saw that they showed the accident on a norwegian news paper... not a good view as we can all see the seriousness of the whole accident. I hope that everyone involved will manage to move along and remember Marco for his wonderful riding skills...

, any thoughts on what happened to the helmet?

RIP MARCO

You can see that Marco's helmet was completely distorted when it was shot out in front of Edwards bike after the initial impact. There was a lot of helmet strap flapping about. Not sure whether it came undone or was torn out from one side. I'm guessing torn out. Either way there would have been tremendous forces acting on the helmet getting caught under Edwards front end. You have to remember that Edwards was going in one direction and Marco getting dragged under his bike in another direction, something had to give to balance the force/energy of the impact and that is normally the weakest point.

Seconded

Saw the vid. RIP.

But apart from seeing him glide face down over the track, there is not much more to see than a motorcycle accident with some parts flying.

I wonder what makes this tasteless?

The vids of road accidents in Koh Samui (which I saw today also on this board) are much more graphic and much more saddening.

Double standards?

It's on about 1 million domains on the net, you shouldn't see the footage?

The official summary from MotoGP is in the link below (only click if you wish to see the full story)

Link to summary of the Malasian Moto GP crash

Get off your high horse.

Edited by RidersCorner

It's on about 1 million domains on the net, you shouldn't see the footage?

The official summary from MotoGP is in the link below (only click if you wish to see the full story)

Link to summary of the Malasian Moto GP crash

Get off your high horse.

while i have said my piece re BBBKK comments what i do find tasteless and offensive if fact that Dorna Sports the holder of commercial interests and rights associated with MotoGP took down all the you tube footage and then Im told by reliable source sold it to networks who were willing to pay for it. ( perhaps im just naive as this is the way of the world now)

What happened here in Thaivisa is not that the moderators deactivated the footage rather Dorna exerted their rights through you tube. It was then made available to networks . www.ninemsn.com has it plus commentary . I've chosen not to view it again, once is enough. Rossi was reportedly on twitter after the accident lamenting the loss of "his younger brother Sic". Just very very sad

Enough said from me

cheers and ride safe

a

while i have said my piece re BBBKK comments what i do find tasteless and offensive if fact that Dorna Sports the holder of commercial interests and rights associated with MotoGP took down all the you tube footage and then Im told by reliable source sold it to networks who were willing to pay for it. ( perhaps im just naive as this is the way of the world now)

What happened here in Thaivisa is not that the moderators deactivated the footage rather Dorna exerted their rights through you tube. It was then made available to networks . www.ninemsn.com has it plus commentary . I've chosen not to view it again, once is enough. Rossi was reportedly on twitter after the accident lamenting the loss of "his younger brother Sic". Just very very sad

Enough said from me

cheers and ride safe

a

Best post.

We were sat in the grandstand facing the crash and saw it happen.

There was great gasp from the crowd then pretty much silence for a while.

It was a terrible crash, he was left unattended for ages laying on the track surrounded by yellow crash barriers. It was clear that something was very wrong, the ambulance eventually arrived and he was actually dropped whilst being stretchered towards it. This drew a lot of shouts from the crowd

There was no announcement on his condition or the situation from the PA system but when the bikes were later being put back into the garages we feared the worst and the crowd started to leave the circuit. It was a very grim, sad journey back to the hotel and the mood there was very sombre. It wasn't only until a couple of hours later that we learned that Marco had died.

RIP MARCO #58 . We will not forget you !

We were sat in the grandstand facing the crash and saw it happen.

There was great gasp from the crowd then pretty much silence for a while.

It was a terrible crash, he was left unattended for ages laying on the track surrounded by yellow crash barriers. It was clear that something was very wrong, the ambulance eventually arrived and he was actually dropped whilst being stretchered towards it. This drew a lot of shouts from the crowd

There was no announcement on his condition or the situation from the PA system but when the bikes were later being put back into the garages we feared the worst and the crowd started to leave the circuit. It was a very grim, sad journey back to the hotel and the mood there was very sombre. It wasn't only until a couple of hours later that we learned that Marco had died.

RIP MARCO #58 . We will not forget you !

Nice to know someone from the forum was there to see the race, but not so nice that you had to witness Marco's accidents.

In regards to delays, the race track is still classed as 'hot' until all riders / racers are off the racing surface / circuit. That is also why no racer is allowed to stop and help out, as the race still track would still be classed as hot with their presence. This is for the safety of the other riders, marshals, ambulances, paramedics and support crew. It's unfortunate how its sounds, that it would seem he was left laying there, but that is how it is.

RIP Marco