I Need A Hotel In Bangkok

JayBlake

Ordinarily, I tend to book ahead as I have more negotiating rights but, given the current flood situation, am I wise to book ahead (3 weeks to a month's time) or are prices likely to drop a little, in the interim.

The other problem is that, in the event things get worse in Bangkok (or even wholly impractical to travel there), if I've booked in advance I'll lose at the very least my deposit and possibly the value of the entire booking - made on my credit card.

What would you fellas, on the ground, advise please?

Some hotels appear to match the internet deals with their own.

Call the hotels directly and see how their direct rates / deals compare to the internet deals. Some might also allow you to make a booking without a credit card.

Worth a try at least...

Thanks for that.

My own experience though is that I've never yet paid the advertised rate when enquiring ahead of time, whereas stood in front of reception, they never have to be competitive as it's almost inevitable that a person

1) Doesn't want to appear a cheapskate

2) Would really rather not be wearing out their shoe-leather sseking a deal that might well not exist

Which is why, except for when it's on a whim, I tend to perform my enquiries/bookings in advance and from a distance. However, these next few weeks are not "ordinary" times so I am hoping for advice from those a little more experienced than myself and a little closer to the current reality that is Bangkok.

I don't even have any idea whether or not current and/or forward tourist bookings are up/down/unchanged as a result of the flooding.

Thanks again.

Edited by JayBlake