Nissan Navara

shariq607

i currently have a full option 2007 nissan navara and used to have a 2009 toyota vigo but sold it because i didnt like it compared to the navara,

the vigo is really soft and doesn't feel really strong compared to the navara.

i haven't had any problems with my navara but i am person who changes cars frequently so i am in a need to buy a new truck

Anyone here knows when will a redesigned navara be out ?

also whats the best truck currently in the market ? i am not in a hurry so i can wait till next year

thanks,

The next-gen Navara is scheduled for a 2013 launch - at which point it will become a model-sharing collaboration with the next-gen Mitsubishi Triton.

2013! No wonder Toyota are killing em. Even though Vigo is only a facelift, at least it looks like a change.

The next-gen Navara is scheduled for a 2013 launch - at which point it will become a model-sharing collaboration with the next-gen Mitsubishi Triton.

2013! No wonder Toyota are killing em. Even though Vigo is only a facelift, at least it looks like a change.

Both Nissan and Mistu (not sure which one you're referring to) continue to increase their market share in TH (Mistu faster than Nissan though), so they're still gaining ground..

That said, I might even consider a Navara if they released the ST-X550 model here - it'd be hard to pass up on that kind of grunt :)

:thumbsup: I think my love of Nissan, and Mitsu is due to the ease of remembering their names. Navara, Big M, and Triton.... Now the Hi Lux,has been a Tiger, Vigo, Chump, Preerunner ,Spivo and Tuna., and im sure ive missed at least 10.

Oh, so can you tell us what a Strada or Triton or Pajaro is ?, ooooops or Frontier or Navara . ?:rolleyes:

:w00t::ermm: So you found a couple more , what about the Saluna badge with a Vios Badge along side, took me weeks to find a road test, it confused the testers.The Nissan's older than Buddhas Dog, but still only 3.. You Pups cant remember the Tiny Rad Tigers that warped the heads. Nahh , i'm a Mitsu,Nissan Fan.. you can Keep the Housewife's Choice for me. Must admit to liking all the Non Gismo Toyoes though, good value. Its the extra 600+ K for Chairs i don't like.

:thumbsup: I think my love of Nissan, and Mitsu is due to the ease of remembering their names. Navara, Big M, and Triton.... Now the Hi Lux,has been a Tiger, Vigo, Chump, Preerunner ,Spivo and Tuna., and im sure ive missed at least 10.

Oh, so can you tell us what a Strada or Triton or Pajaro is ?, ooooops or Frontier or Navara . ?:rolleyes:

Austin1300 Morris1300 Wolesley 1300 Riley1300 MG1300 Vanden Plas1300(had a lovely 'real' real leather interior :) ) those were the day's.

Austin1300 Morris1300 Wolesley 1300 Riley1300 MG1300 Vanden Plas1300(had a lovely 'real' real leather interior :) ) those were the day's.

...it's never late to learn a NEW language...:o'inglease' is my 2nd,just so yo know...:rolleyes:

Both Nissan and Mistu (not sure which one you're referring to) continue to increase their market share in TH (Mistu faster than Nissan though), so they're still gaining ground..

That said, I might even consider a Navara if they released the ST-X550 model here - it'd be hard to pass up on that kind of grunt :)

And we all know at who's expense that is,don't we Transam?:D

And we all know at who's expense that is,don't we Transam?:D

Actually, while Nissan's sales volume is increasing, it's overall market share is declining (i.e. the market is growing faster than their sales).

In the past year, the brands that have gained market share in the pickup segment are: Mistubishi, Mazda, Chev and Ford (in that order), with the losses coming from Toyota, Nissan, TATA, and Isuzu (in that order).

It's been a strange year though, with the market for pickups increasing almost 20%, but massive production disruptions from the Tsunami and now the floods, so the numbers don't necessarily mean that Toyota, Nissan or Isuzu are losing popularity, nor that Mazda, Chev or Ford are gaining any - there will be a fair amount of tier-2 "stealing" sales based purely on availability skweing the numbers.

The only standout certainty is that Mitsubishi are gaining pickup market share hand over fist.

I can remember when they were 1100cc :huh:, I had two. Great small ''big'' car. :huh:

post-41816-0-79338600-1319515507_thumb.j

I can remember when they were 1100cc :huh:, I had two. Great small ''big'' car. :huh:

You didn't upgrade to a PrincessR then :cheesy: A horrible "big" car ,"heavy metal" in totally the wrong way :bah:

I'm a Isuzu lover, but the Nissan Navara is IMHO the best looking pickup (I don't know so much about technical issues). I one day Nissan would produce a SUV here I could be a serious buyer (after a tech meeting with some car nerd ;-) :lol:

You didn't upgrade to a PrincessR then :cheesy: A horrible "big" car ,"heavy metal" in totally the wrong way :bah:

Nooooooooooooooooooo. :) Think my next was an MGB Roadster (Soft top).

Always thought the Navara had the best looking front-end of any if the TH pickups...don't know much about engine and safety specs, however.

I would agree and I thought that way back in 04 in the UK when the Warrior was all the rage. Was delighted to discover that the best looking truck was also the cheapest when I went to finally buy one(Navara) . Hope they do not feminise the look when they give it a face lift.

:welcomeani: You are a Brave Man Shariq .Most of the pussy whipped the Men here go for the Housewives Choice , Toyo or Chev, you got the best in a Nissan IMO...... I shall now run for Cover.

I too suffer from the housewife's choice. I traded my Toyota lemon four door four wheel drive for a new Ford Focus. My wife wasn't at all happy with the Ford. I have been talking about a new four wheel drive pickup and went so far as to be actually looking. I was pretty impressed with the new Isuzu but want to look at the new Ford Ranger. That suits her too but I mentioned that it depends how much I could get for the Ford Focus on a trade in. Now she says she likes her car and wants to keep it. She wants me to trade in my beloved 2004 Nissan Frontier. That's NOT going to happen so it appears that I Have saved some money. She can keep her Ford Focus and I will keep my trusty Nissan Frontier.

:welcomeani: You are a Brave Man Shariq .Most of the pussy whipped the Men here go for the Housewives Choice , Toyo or Chev, you got the best in a Nissan IMO...... I shall now run for Cover.

I too suffer from the housewife's choice. I traded my Toyota lemon four door four wheel drive for a new Ford Focus. My wife wasn't at all happy with the Ford. I have been talking about a new four wheel drive pickup and went so far as to be actually looking. I was pretty impressed with the new Isuzu but want to look at the new Ford Ranger. That suits her too but I mentioned that it depends how much I could get for the Ford Focus on a trade in. Now she says she likes her car and wants to keep it. She wants me to trade in my beloved 2004 Nissan Frontier. That's NOT going to happen so it appears that I Have saved some money. She can keep her Ford Focus and I will keep my trusty Nissan Frontier.

Refreshing view point , bit along my lines.My Ozz Mate says Tuna and Spivo have the same features as a Trolly Jack with a Hernia , ride wise.He bought our Spivo and fitted Billstiens, and some Old Man Emu bits, now hes happy. Toyota here gets reverence at Cruze proportions from some posters. Its a bloody truck for gods sake, not an Evo 10. I find all non hi riders pleasant enough, my only big gripe with all the rides ive driven is the Civic Handbrake,its etched into my left leg. If i was in that market it would be Nissan ,or Fords new oiler.