Thai Price Honest Builder Needed (Sansai Area)

IEMDavid

Does anyone know of a half good builder who can work on Thai price for a job or price per day labor only ? We want to build a garage for a car,We had one quote that costs more than our house did to build ????? Please if you know of someone who is fair with price i would appreciate it. Please PM details. Many thanks.

I know one in Nong Jom San Sai .He can do most trades and he is fast .Works out around B1,000 a day and materials on top .He extended my kitchen plus made a new bathroom .

Sorry but i am keeping him to myself as i need him again soon to do work at the front of my house . :D

I know one in Nong Jom San Sai .He can do most trades and he is fast .Works out around B1,000 a day and materials on top .He extended my kitchen plus made a new bathroom .

Sorry but i am keeping him to myself as i need him again soon to do work at the front of my house . :D

Why bother to answer - the conclusion is inconsiderate to both the OP and the builder.

• Like 1

Why bother to answer - the conclusion is inconsiderate to both the OP and the builder.

It gives the OP an idea of whats available and the costs involved .How is that Gov ?..you less angry now ? :D

It gives the OP an idea of whats available and the costs involved .How is that Gov ?..you less angry now ? :D

I'm not angry at all, I guess I just don't understand why you wouldn't help out a poster if you could and why you would deprive someone of some possible work.

• Like 1

I'm not angry at all, I guess I just don't understand why you wouldn't help out a poster if you could and why you would deprive someone of some possible work.

yeah, you're right.

Makes zero sense to respond with no info and a sense of smugness.

>>It gives the OP an idea of whats available and the costs involved <<

Did you understand that bit ??? and i am under no obligation to pass on work to my builder .I pay him enough and also give him a tip on top !!! :jap:

...make sure he is not over-worked....B)

I think 1000 Baht per day is high for basic construction. I got brick, concrete, and tile work done a guy and his associates paying top of 350 per day, good quality only 3 years ago. I also have stuff they built for me over 10 years ago which is holding up very well. But I do not think you can do it paying day labor unless you speak Thai well.

I think 1000 Baht per day is high for basic construction. I got brick, concrete, and tile work done a guy and his associates paying top of 350 per day, good quality only 3 years ago. I also have stuff they built for me over 10 years ago which is holding up very well. But I do not think you can do it paying day labor unless you speak Thai well.

I think we are getting there...this is 1st honest respond and a good start.Couple of years ago I've had some good work done by one of the Thai 'yai' carpenter/contraction guy and he was getting 250/day (standard).Excellent work,never complain and..never sit down...but I don't think I can find him anymore.So,let me know ,if there are more guys like him.Regards!

Maybe i pay above the average ? but the guy works very hard and fast .ie ,he extended the kitchen ( 2 rooms into one big one ) ,tiled the floor and walls ,repaired the roof ,outside and inside ,put in a new door where there was a window , all in one week .

He built a new bathroom ( cutting off a section of the living room ),built the new walls up ,plastered , ,all tiling and plumbing in 2 weeks .

He speaks no English so all communication has to be done through my wife .

If he works every day of the month he is only earning B30,000 for being a skilled worker knowing several trades , for very hard physical work .I dont deny him this .ie ,an English friend in the same moo baan ,teaches English ( only does 20 hours a week teaching ) and earns B50,000 a month .

>>Couple of years ago I've had some good work done by one of the Thai 'yai' carpenter/contraction guy and he was getting 250/day (standard).Excellent work,never complain and..never sit down...but <<

Was he kind of simple minded :ph34r:

He was a kind of ...simply a good worker :jap:

>>Couple of years ago I've had some good work done by one of the Thai 'yai' carpenter/contraction guy and he was getting 250/day (standard).Excellent work,never complain and..never sit down...but <<

and you are a kind of cheap charley .Glad i did not give you my lads details :lol:

My main brick and cement mason was very satisfied with 350 baht a day, and his assistant worked for 250. They were/are local semi-retired men in the neighborhood who showed up on a regular schedule 6 days a week. They were very particular about getting things level and plumb (square), putting rebar steel in the cement where needed, and finishing off the work well.

and you are a kind of cheap charley .Glad i did not give you my lads details :lol:

.......................................................................................:jap:

if you or the missus speaks thai and you dare to really save there is another possibility

the road to katiem/JJ market has plenty of burmese laborers( some even speak english and you might find a foreman there too) you can get everyday just for a day and the price will be from 200/250 up depending on how cheap you want to be .of course you need a vehicle and get the materials but that is not difficult either.and you can just manage the project yourself.i built my own house and had to get involved more and more to maintain a certain standard-in the end it was just that -the contractor dropped off the workers everyday and i told them what i wanted them to do.of course you need to know something about building here.but it is not too hard telling others what to do.really,i'm not joking.

if you or the missus speaks thai and you dare to really save there is another possibility

the road to katiem/JJ market has plenty of burmese laborers( some even speak english and you might find a foreman there too) you can get everyday just for a day and the price will be from 200/250 up depending on how cheap you want to be .of course you need a vehicle and get the materials but that is not difficult either.and you can just manage the project yourself.i built my own house and had to get involved more and more to maintain a certain standard-in the end it was just that -the contractor dropped off the workers everyday and i told them what i wanted them to do.of course you need to know something about building here.but it is not too hard telling others what to do.really,i'm not joking.

Thats the kind of ignorance thats rampant on this thread .You can easily get a day laborer for B250 a day .Getting a man who can do many trades and do it quickly and correctly is another thing .

I was in the property business in Ireland and i know what i am talking about .

My main brick and cement mason was very satisfied with 350 baht a day, and his assistant worked for 250. They were/are local semi-retired men in the neighborhood who showed up on a regular schedule 6 days a week. They were very particular about getting things level and plumb (square), putting rebar steel in the cement where needed, and finishing off the work well.

MrBrad, I'm interested in getting my small kitchen in my CM home done. I had used a contractor in Bkk to do my kitchen in Bangkok at a very reasonable price. They did a good job with granite counter top, double sinks, lower level tiled with cabinets. I'm wondering if you are still in contact with the mason and if it's possible to pm me. Much appreciated! Both my wife and I speak fluent Thai.

MrBrad, I'm interested in getting my small kitchen in my CM home done. I had used a contractor in Bkk to do my kitchen in Bangkok at a very reasonable price. They did a good job with granite counter top, double sinks, lower level tiled with cabinets. I'm wondering if you are still in contact with the mason and if it's possible to pm me. Much appreciated! Both my wife and I speak fluent Thai.

Oh, MrBrad, I have more work to be done at the house. I want to build a room with tiled floor for our doggies too! For our kitchen, the labor was B7,000. I can't remember if that include the cement and the sand though.

I would be interested in seeing a photo of your house

the road to katiem/JJ market has plenty of burmese laborers( some even speak english

And some of them are here legaly.

most if not all the construction projects are done by burmese workers ,like the meridian for example

do not underestimate them and their talent.if you hire a thai contractor that is what you will most likely get-burmese labor.

the only thing wrong with that is that they are underpaid