Ubc Pay Per View Cricket

Nuff Said

UBC are currently covering on their Pay Per View channel the 3 match test series between Pakistan and England, and will also be showing the 5 One Day Internationals that follow.

UBC's previous PPV offering was of the Ashes series and was a feed of Star Sport India's coverage. It was packed to saturation point with commercials between overs, falls of wickets, during drinks breaks, umpires consultations, ball changes and just about any other interruption of play. Not to mention the sponsers locgos, pop ups and god knows what else. But UBC's coverage of the Pakistan-England series is paradise. No commercials whatsover, no sponsers logo's on screen, just the normal UBC one and the letters PPV under it, and none of them dam silly SMS competitions. It's like cricket coverage used to be, and should be. The commentary is excellent, a selection of Ian Bothham, David Lloyd and Paul Allott from England and Sanjay Mandraker, Waqar Younis and Ramiz Raja from the sub continent, and is a pleasure to watch. Highly recommended.

If a series such as this is only to be available on Pay Per View it should be like this, free of sponsorship and commercials. Long may this conticue.

How much does it cost and how do you subscribe to PPV?

Go to www.ubctv.com and click on the Pay Per View Channel 71 image item on the home page. Do this on the Thai language home page, not the English one as the form on that page if for commercial users only. Don't worry, the form is bi-lingual. You need to download it then fax it to them. As soon as you application has been processed UBC unscramble the PPV channel (71) on your smartcard via the airwaves. The cost can be added to your next bill or you can pay in at a bank and fax the paying in slip to UBC.

The cost for the tests is B400 per match or B800 for all 3, and B200 per ODI or B700 for all 5. You can select exactly what you require, there's no need to take all the games.

Before the start of play yesterday David LLoyd mentioned that the game was being televised to several countries around the world. He read the list and the networks that were broadcasting the coverage mentioned Thailand and UBC as one of them. Thailand was about the least cricket playing nation of them all, perhaps on a par with Malaysia.

UBC also covered on PPV the recent (23 October-6 November) 5 match ODI series betwen South Africa and New Zealand. I didn't subscribe to this but the cost was also B200 er game of B700 for all 5.

I don't know what UBC's future intentions for PPV cricket are, but it will be interesting to see if they offer the series between India and England, scheduled for early next year. Having said that, our local cable company broadcasts DD Sports from India. This a free to air channel, choc a block with adverts etc, but they normally show all India's home series, tests and ODI's. They recently covered the 7 game ODI series between India and Sri Lanka, also the ODI series between India and Pakistan played in April of this year.

Go to www.ubctv.com and click on the Pay Per View Channel 71 image item on the home page. Do this on the Thai language home page, not the English one as the form on that page if for commercial users only.

Or watch it free via satellite your choice.

See;

http://www.jsat.tv/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?bo...79178;start=1#1

Go to www.ubctv.com and click on the Pay Per View Channel 71 image item on the home page. Do this on the Thai language home page, not the English one as the form on that page if for commercial users only.

Or watch it free via satellite your choice.

See;

http://www.jsat.tv/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?bo...79178;start=1#1

The main issue of this posting wasn't so much the cost, but the quality of the coverage because it was totally free of commercials. I got so fed up with the same old adverts and pop ups repeated to a point where they reached saturation level that, if I have the choice I would now rather pay, within reason of course, for commercial free coverage. Live TV sports coverage has to be funded either by commercials or subscription. The point I was making was it should be one or another, but not both. It was just a refreshing change not to have to pay for the privilege of having to watch the same old commercials broadcast at every available opportunity.

I checked out the J-sat website. A few months ago I looked into the possibility of having something like that installed but the dish is too large for my balcony. A standard UBC size dish is about the biggest allowed. If I lived in a house I would certainly invenstiage the possibility of such as system.