Air Asia To Kl, Which Terminal?

simonphuket

Hi, I'm confused, which is not too difficult for me to be.... ;), or I am in denial, whatever, but I read conflicting info on the web. Does anyone know if I fly from Phuket to KL with Air Asia, which terminal in KL do I land? LCCT or the main one (called KLIA right?)?

I have a connection flight departing from LCCT with Cebu Pacific, so am kinda hoping I dont have to take a bus/taxi.

Should I arrive at the wrong one, how much time should I safely plan between arrival and the next departure?

Thanks!

All air Asia flight lands at the Low Cost Carrier Terminal (LCCT). If your connecting is in the main KUL airport, it is 15min away by cab. There is a regular shuttle bus that runs between the 2 airports. The physical distance is no more than 5kms apart and there is no jams there. Both airports are using the same runway but they are just on opposite side of the runway.

If you need help, just ask or PM me.

Sorry I did not read your post carefully. Air Asia from Phuket will land in LCCT and your Cebu flight takes off at the same terminal. So don't worry, same airport just different halls. And the airport is small, no where near Suvanabhumi.

All air Asia flight lands at the Low Cost Carrier Terminal (LCCT). If your connecting is in the main KUL airport, it is 15min away by cab. There is a regular shuttle bus that runs between the 2 airports. The physical distance is no more than 5kms apart and there is no jams there. Both airports are using the same runway but they are just on opposite side of the runway.

If you need help, just ask or PM me.

So it looks that I am lucky? I land with Air Asia at LCCT you say? And I depart from LCCT with Cebu Pacific... Excellent, was worrying that 2.5 hrs in between may not be enough, but it should be plenty then :) Good news! Thanks

Keep in mind that at the LCCT you have to pass through immigration, get your bags, check-in, then pass back through immigration to the departure lounge.

(There is a "Fly-Thru" service at LCCT for transit without passing through immigration, but it seems to apply only to transfers between some Air Asia flights. )