Musicians!

MrSpadMan

Friends,

I am moving to Chiang Mai on or about November 11 (Zeus allowing) and am looking for some fellow musicians to jam with, got to parties, and in general hang out and discuss why we're such failures.

Seriously, I have been playing music for over 35 years and have taught privately, in community colleges, at workshops but mostly just like impromptu music. My favorite pastimes include going to music festivals and camping out with friends, playing at small gatherings (or large), and doing my best to sing harmony. Never been a fan of gigging.

My musical tastes are many and include jazz, swing, folk styles, finger picking styles, '60s and '70s rock, Brazilian, etc. Much prefer acoustic guitar.

If this is at all interesting to you, you can either write to me on this forum or privately through clicking on my user name.

Tunes,

Scott

MrSpadMan,

You can try North Gate, which is a jazz club near Chang Phuek gate (north side of the inner city moat), and Guitar Man, which is a rock club on the end of Loi Kroh road, near the Night bazaar. Both places have certain nights with open mike jamming. Dont miss to see Tuk play guitar at the Brasserie, on the Ping River, north of the Nawarat bridge. The guitarist Boy is also a great guy, you'll find him on a small alley near the Night Bazaar, I think his place is called "Boy Blues".

Also, most local bands are very friendly and might let you sit in a jam a song if they think you are skilled enough.

Good luck. If you want me to show your around town, just send a private message. I dont live in the city, but I come visit every now and then.

SnareBear