Bangkok To Chiang Mai By Road

3stan

Thanks for the link. Helpful. We will probably have to go east towards chonburi then up to Korat and then back west and north to Chiang mai..as of today. thanks again.

That quite right! The ONLY way North is as you stated: Chonburi-Chacheungsao-Prachinburi-Korat and then west from Korat.

..if you call 1586 this is Thailand Hot-line number for all updates on Transportation.

(se attchments..the roads to the west (1112, 1117) were still open as of yesterday 12noon 26/10.

Thks. Couldnt quiet locate the roads u metioned on a road map. Anyways, i would probably want to avoid the ones marked in blue on the map u attached since they are a little close to flooded area and the situation is changing fast, too fast for thai authorities to adjust their info probably. We will make a little wider detour east. we are planing on leaving either tomorrow, or sat morning. According to latest incoming water info, i think there is a slight possibility that we wont even be able to leave at that time and might already be flooded..

..if you call 1586 this is Thailand Hot-line number for all updates on Transportation.

(se attchments..the roads to the west (1112, 1117) were still open as of yesterday 12noon 26/10.

Thks. Couldnt quiet locate the roads u metioned on a road map. Anyways, i would probably want to avoid the ones marked in blue on the map u attached since they are a little close to flooded area and the situation is changing fast, too fast for thai authorities to adjust their info probably. We will make a little wider detour east. we are planing on leaving either tomorrow, or sat morning. According to latest incoming water info, i think there is a slight possibility that we wont even be able to leave at that time and might already be flooded..

..roads marked BLUE are passable, RED unpassable at this stage.