360 Interior View

stats

There's a few ways of doing this.

I'm not sure about this particular example since it loads in quicktime in my browser, but most often people use IPIX photography (google for it). Basically someone comes out with a tripod and a fish eye lens and take two shots of the room at exactly 180 degrees. They hand-stitch the photos together using a special photoshop plugin (requires a bit of skill). IPIX charge a licensing fee for every photo produced in this way, so it isn't as cheap as regular photography.

There are a couple of companies doing this in Thailand for hotel chains and condo projects. MWEB used to do it but I have no idea if they are still into it - if you want to follow up PM me and I'll see if I can find a contact. There is also a small backyard company run by an Australian guy floating around somewhere - if you run into him, beware. Honest and honourable are not two words that spring to mind.

You could also check out Multimedia Asia, they have something similar on their website but a bit simpler (looks like a rotating stitch job). Probably a lot cheaper. They've done some good work for us (not the cheapest company on the planet, but very easy to deal with).

Hi Guys & Girls....

Well just wanna know if anyone here knows how to do a 360 Degree Interior View ???

Sample : Click Here On the site click 360 View..

I need something like this for my current project...

Please reply here or Pm me ASAP...

Regards

Tytus

Tytus

Just a line to say what a great guy mr-chris really is.

Why wait mate?

Do it yourself. Go here ....

http://www.chris-critchlow.com/pix/pix1.zip

http://www.chris-critchlow.com/pix/pix2.zip

Total about 6.5mb

2 zips which'll allow you to do the darned job yourself. I made sure they are clean but scan them all the same before you use them.

The readme tells you that they work under all op sys's and I just made sure (personally) that they both work under XP.

1 file is a finished product browser and the other is the pix stitcher. uses gif, jpg and others. Displays cd quality.

The best bit is ..........

I give them to you free.

Now, who's gonna critisize my spelling again?

I'll leave them there for a few days mate, then they are gone! :o

I use PTgui which is a front end for panarama. This enables you to import the pictures, set points that are on the overlap and then the program makes the panorama - anything up to 360 degrees and can have multi layers of pictures.

The only problem is that whilst panorama is free it is hard to use, PTGui makes it easy to use but is not free. look at ptgui website.

You then need a viewer - plenty of free ones about.