Health Insurance Advisor In Chiang Mai

orang37

This question may a contradiction in terms since anyone functioning as an insurance agent or consultant is going to want to sell you what they want to sell you, and make a profit, but I wonder if anyone has had a good experience with a local agent, Thai or Farang, here in Chiang Mai, in obtaining a (perhaps) high-deductible policy, for someone over 65, that would cover 'catastrophic' medical events, like accidents.

I will go out and talk to the Sriphat Admin unit at Maharaj, and ask their advice also. I was told many years ago that Blue Cross no longer covered Chiang Mai Ram, and I wonder if that is true now.

thanks, ~o:37;

re ... that would cover 'catastrophic' medical events, like accidents.

i have very basic accident insurance that would cover broken bones through a company

that doctor morgan is an agent for so try asking her

there were higher levels of cover available but i didnt want them

dave2

ps .... re ... anyone functioning as an insurance agent or consultant is going to want to sell you what they want to sell you, and make a profit,

very true

but ive made two claims in two years for animal bites / rabies injections and doctor morgans sorted everything both times with no problems !

better the devil you know : )

post-42592-0-02947100-1319684029_thumb.j

post-42592-0-77242400-1319684068_thumb.j

post-42592-0-35418700-1319684091_thumb.j

Some of the banks offer accident insurance policies for their customers that will cover people aged 50 - 100. The one from Bangkok Bank specifically excludes injury if your driving or a passenger on a motorcycle, but their English-language info doesn't make that clear.

We've had good experience with Health Care International, one of the companies represented by PFM. We have a deductable of $1000 per event (not per year) and so far we've only had to make one claim, which was promptly covered. No problem with HCI in going to Bumrungrad for the service, which probably would have cost less than $1000 at a Chiang Mai hospital. But, you want the best if it's a cancer scare, don't you? Fortunately, turned out OK after the diagnostic tests at Bumrungrad.

We know several other westerners with HCI policies who have made claims and been happy with the service. You can talk with them about setting up a "super-high" deductable to further reduce the annual premium. If you start the coverage while "young", you can continue the coverage past age 75, although your annual premiums will increase, of course. We started our policies while still in our late 50s.

re ... that would cover 'catastrophic' medical events, like accidents.

i have very basic accident insurance that would cover broken bones through a company

that doctor morgan is an agent for so try asking her

there were higher levels of cover available but i didnt want them

dave2

ps .... re ... anyone functioning as an insurance agent or consultant is going to want to sell you what they want to sell you, and make a profit,

very true

but ive made two claims in two years for animal bites / rabies injections and doctor morgans sorted everything both times with no problems !

better the devil you know : )

Two animal bites in two years. I had no idea Photography was so dangerous.

Thanks for reminding me that Doctor Morgan sells insurance.

Have a appointment with Doctor Morgan next week will ask her about insurance. I really don't have a lot of hope but it would be nice to see what they say. Not sure what company Richard from The expats club works with but I have been waiting a month and not heard from them. I know he put a bug in their ear last week but still no reply. Not sure if I want a policy with a company like that any how. At my age I really did not have to high a hopes. On the up side of things their rates do not go up at 70 they wait until 71.