What About Immigration Are They Open?

robbie22

I think that everyone is on a 5 day national holiday due to the flooding. I would try calling them I know the road from Bkk to there is underwater I saw it on the news last night. I am not sure if you can report at another office but Pattaya is not having the same 5 day holiday.

I was also wondering this.. I have my 90 day confirm address due on 4 November.. Assuming the floods hit and i am off work until the middle of November i was going to go down to the south of Thailand for a short holiday..

Should i go and update now (is it open) or will we be given extra time until the floods all finish..

Currently immigration is open, for emergency cases.It is always best to extend early., you won't lose any days because of it.Regarding 90 days reports I would advise reporting by mail.In some cases immigration of another area is willing to serve you if your immigration offices is hit by the floods, but unclear if this also goes for BKK.

What about re-entry permits? Do we have to go INTO the flood zone just to get a piece of paper that allows us to EVACUATE? :ermm:

Buy one when you get your extension..:D

This won't help me today. I don't need an extension until December 21. I may need to evacuate much sooner than Dec 21, my friend.

Do I need to enter the flood zone to get permission to evacuate?

What about re-entry permits? Do we have to go INTO the flood zone just to get a piece of paper that allows us to EVACUATE? :ermm:

You can get your re-entry permit at the airport, in case you are flying.

They haven't issued re-entries at the airport since last year. Am i mistaken? That service was closed at the airport long ago.

You can get your re-entry permit at the airport, in case you are flying.

They haven't issued re-entries at the airport since last year. Am i mistaken? That service was closed at the airport long ago.

From the Thai Immigration Bureau

You could apply a re-entry permit at every checkpoint. However at Suvarnabhumi Airport Checkpoint would provide this service if necessary depend on officers approval.

— For a re-entry permit,if you are in Bangkok area and you have an Internet access, you could fill in a TM. 8 form and send it to [email protected]

— You should e-mail the completed form 1 day in advance.

— You have to submit a 2" photo and pay a permit fee at counter 7, the Immigration Bureau (soi suanplu office.)

— Fee for re-entry permit:

1,000 Bahts for single

3,800 Bahts for multiple

Can't tell how accurate is this for today, but a couple of months ago the desk and the sign for the re-entry permit were still there at the airport, and I saw some farangs filling forms, so I suposed was still working.

Edited by kamarada