Work Permit

HI,

i have been studying here in bangkok for 5 years..i have non-imm visa not sure what type yet. I haven't finished my degree yet but intend to work due to my financial problem. Now i have been doing some part time projects(softwares) for this thai company and they are willing to take me full-time. They are fully supportive to give me Work permit and asked me to get info about it since they have never recruited any foreigner b4.

Now some questions..

1. This company is medium size about 50 thai employees working. My company is willing to pay for my work permit and will take full responsibility.

2. I have no university degree yet, finished 90 credits out of 137 credit. But now i'll work full time and study part time as i'm getting old and lack of money.

3. my visa is expiring on the 4th of dec 2005. Need to get work permit/visa b4 that for sure. I haven't registered for the new semester otherwise i could have exdended my visa. But not happening now.

I'm from south asia, 27 years of age, question is...am i eligable to get work permit??....can i get it in 2 weeks? If it is late somehow can i extend my visa?

how to start all these process?

thanks in advance.....

i have non-imm visa not sure what type yet.
Non "ED"
1. This company is medium size about 50 thai employees working. My company is willing to pay for my work permit and will take full responsibility.

Good. Our fee if you chose us is 6,500 Baht plus 7% Vat. Government fees will be 850 Baht.

2. I have no university degree yet, finished 90 credits out of 137 credit. But now i'll work full time and study part time as i'm getting old and lack of money. 
No problem
3. my visa is expiring on the 4th of dec 2005. Need to get work permit/visa b4 that for sure. I haven't registered for the new semester otherwise i could have exdended my visa. But not happening now.

If you extend your Non" ED" it be easier.

If you wanted to change your Non Ed to a "B" visa you must have Visa validity of at least 21 days left. You only have 19 days. Now you'll need to go outside the country to get a single entry 90 day non B visa. We at Sunbelt can put all the documents and letter together. Our professional fee is 1,000 Baht plus 7% VAT.

I'm from south asia, 27 years of age, question is...am i eligable to get work permit??
yes
....can i get it in 2 weeks?

Yes but if you do it using your Non Ed your work permit will expire on Dec 4th.

If it is late somehow can I extend my visa?
To extend your Non ED you must continue your education.

If you had 21 days left on your NON ED visa and wanted to change your visa to a "B" visa you would have needed the following...

1. Application for visa status alteration (TM 86)

Application for visa (TM 87)

2. Copy of passport entries

3. 4 x 6 cm photograph

4. Application fee of 2,000 Baht

5. Company letter requesting for Visa or Visa Status alteration. (Sunbelt will do for you)

6. Employment contract (Labor Dept.)

7. A letter to guarantee to certify commercial registration

8. Company registration certificate.

9. VAT registration certificate and the lists of company Board of Directors.

10. The latest financial statement. (Balance sheets; Profit and loss statement)

11. Company income tax or trading tax returns.

12. Documents evidence of education; job experience of Alien (Diploma which must be notarized by the Embassy and certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.. even if its just a High School diploma)

13. Withholding tax records

Following must all be provided...

The applicant must sign every page of the application.

The Company Authority must sign to certify all documents and have then stamped with the company seal.

The visa applicant must arrange the documents in proper order and must prepare the originals as proof.

Map of company location

But in your case you'll be going to a Thai Embassy/Consulate outside Thailand and then applying for the work permit when you return.

For the work permit, you'll need the following...

You as the Individual

• For non-permanent residents: A valid passport containing a Non-Immigrant visa.

• CV or Resume showing application’s educational qualifications and describing in detail the applicant’s past position, duties, performance, and place and length of employment.

• A recent medical certificate from a first-class licensed physician in Thailand stating that the applicant is not of unsound mind and not suffering from leprosy, acute tuberculosis, elephantiasis, narcotic addition or habitual alcoholism.

• Three 5x6 cm. full-faced, bareheaded, black and white or color photographs, taken no more than six months prior to the filing of the application.

• If the job applied for is subject to a license under a particular law, in addition to the Alien Occupation Law, a photocopy of such license, (e.g. teacher’s license, physician’s license, press card from the Public Relations Department, certificate of missionary status from the Office of Religious Affairs, etc.) shall be attached.

• If the applicant is married to a Thai national, the original and photocopies of the following must be presented:

Marriage certificate, spouse’s identity card, birth certificates of children, household registration, as well as photocopy of every page of the applicant’s passport.

Documents to be supplied by the Employer

(All documents must bear the seal of the firm and signature of the person authorized to authenticate same.)

• Certificate issued by the Commercial Registration Department showing that the organization for which the applicant is going to work, has been duly registered as a juristic person, giving the name of the managing partner and/or director, and its objectives and capital.

• A Copy of the list of shareholders of the applicant’s prospective company, certified as correct by the Commercial Registration Department.

• If the company maintains a factory, a factory license and/or license to operate a factory, renewed by the Factory Department, Ministry of Industry.

• If the company maintains a restaurant, a food license. A Bar requires an alcohol license. A hotel a hotel license.

• Copy of VAT Certificate (Phor.Phor.20)/application for VAT registration (Phor.Phor. 01)

how to start all these process?

Call us at 02-642-0213

www.lawyer.th.com

hi,

some more questions..

I cant extend my visa from my university for sure as registration time is already over...To work here anyway i have to change my visa status......

If you wanted to change your Non Ed to a "B" visa you must have Visa validity of at least 21 days left. You only have 19 days. Now you'll need to go outside the country to get a single entry 90 day non B visa. We at Sunbelt can put all the documents and letter together. Our professional fee is 1,000 Baht plus 7% VAT.
Im from Bangladesh and thai embassy in Bangladesh is real pain in the a**. Is there any chance of getting rejected while applying for "B" visa?

Ok,lets say i got the 90 days visa and work permit..how do i extend my visa again?do i have to leave the kingdom again??

• CV or Resume showing application’s educational qualifications and describing in detail the applicant’s past position, duties, performance, and place and length of employment.

AS i mentioned earlier, i havent' finish my degree yet....i don't have certificate...what is my option?

CAn sunBelt fully cooperate with me regarding the papers?

Im from Bangladesh and thai embassy in Bangladesh is real pain in the a**. Is there any chance of getting rejected while applying for "B" visa?
It is always the Embassy/Consulate who has the power. However we know what docs are required at this Embassy. The most important is the WP 3. Bangladesh requires all foreigners who wish to work in Thailand, that their employer in Thailand should submit Form WP3 at the Ministry of Labor and Social Welfare before you apply for the Non B. With this approval from the Labor Dept, the odds are low that the officers will request additional documents other than these...

- Letter of invitation from companies qualified to employ foreigners.

-Visa application form completely filled out

-Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months and its copy

- Four 4 x 6 cm full-faced , bareheaded photos taken within the past six months

-Employment contract indicating rationale for hiring the applicant as well as his/her salary, position and qualifications (document must be signed by authorized managing director and affixed the seal of the company)

- Copy of corporate documents; namely 1) list of shareholders 2) business registration and business license 3) company profile 4) details of business operation 5) list of foreign workers stating names, nationalities and positions 6) map indicating the location of the company 7) Balance sheet, statement of Income Tax and BusinessTax (Por Ngor Dor 50 and Por Ngor Dor 30) of the latest year 8) Alien income tax return (Por Ngor Dor 91) and 9) Value-added tax registration (Por Ngor Dor 20) , etc.

-Copy of educational records of the applicant and letters of recommendation from the prior employers, identifying job description and length of service time.

Copies of company documents must be signed by Board of Directors and affixed the seal of the company.

In the absence of a required document, a letter indicating the unavailability of such document must be provided.

The applicant must sign on each page of the copy

Our professional fee for the WP 3 application is 3,900 Baht.

Ok,lets say i got the 90 days visa and work permit..how do i extend my visa again?do i have to leave the kingdom again??

As long as your company employs more than 4 employees ( you stated 50) and your company pays you 35,000 Baht per month, you can apply for an extension of stay based on business. You do not need to leave the country for this.

If your company will not pay you 35,000 Baht per month or take out withholding tax on this basis. You will need to obtain a one year multi entry visa in Bangladesh, do a visa run every 90 days and then extend your work permit every 90 days with that visa.

AS i mentioned earlier, i havent' finish my degree yet....i don't have certificate...what is my option?
You graduated from High School. This is fine.
CAn sunBelt fully cooperate with me regarding the papers?

Yes

www.lawyer.th.com