Educational Internship And Thai Labor Law

Here's a hypothetical situation:

Suppose I wanted to learn a skill that I was willing to pay a Thai national to teach me. Perhaps it's conventional Thai farming, or learning to cook and run a Thai restaurant, or becoming a Silversmith and creating silver jewelry. So I'm paying someone to educate me.

So let me set a scenario:

1. Assume I have a valid non-tourist visa and I can stay in the country for at least six months;

2. I have met a restaurant owner who is willing to take me on as a student for six months to train me in Thai cooking (because I want to go back to my own country and open a Thai Restaurant;

3. I pay the restaurant owner a tuition to teach me under a contractual agreement;

4. The owner (who is also the primary chef) directly trains and mentors me;

5. The six month educational training includes an internship were I cook in the restaurant under the direct supervision of the owner;

6. I pay for the internship and the opportunity to be trained on-the-job;

So here's the sticky question:

a. Does this violate any Thai laws? :ermm:

Yes. The course has to be registered with the MoE. Or you'd need to get a work permit just not sure if chef is on the banned list.

Thanks for the reply. You brought up two good points. Almost all of the job skills I mentioned is on the MoL "banned" list. But I'm not looking to work in Thailand. I'm want to train in Thailand. But I think that you may have the answer -- Is the course registered with MoE. And I think that would ultimately be the problem.

If anyone else has any insight on this issue, please comment. Thanks bunches. :)