Expat Style Condo In Cm

samsara

I've already done my research around the net and found http://chiangmaiproperties.co.th/ to be the best place to look. But seeing as to how I haven't spent much time in CM previously, I'm wondering if any CM pros could advise as to which condos out there are the best for the money.

Here's what I'm looking for:

1) 15-20K/month;

2) Need reliable internet access, as my business is online. Ideally, access to both a landline AND Wifi (as a backup). Also, how well do the aircards work in CM and the surrounding areas?;

3) Fully furnished;

4) Western style kitchen/bathroom;

5) Prefer a higher floor (10+);

6) Location is not a real issue;

Basically, I'm just wondering if there is a decidedly superior building/complex out there. Or if there's something better than http://chiangmaiproperties.co.th/ for looking around.

Edited by samsara

Newbies often think the higher the floor, the more prestige and the quieter. Wrong! The electric bills are higher because the sun hits the higher floors of a highrise earlier and remains longer in the day. The noise is actually worse than condos at 4th or 5th floor because the trees/buildings buffer noises for people on those floors, but all the noise travels up and can be really bad at higher levels. Our first condo rental was on the 15th floor. We could hear dogs barking from three blocks away and karaoke from three miles away. People on the lower floors of our building didn't have that problem. Plus, we had to wait longer for the elevator when we lived on the 15th floor.

Thanks for the info I guest I'm a newbie too.

Newbies often think the higher the floor, the more prestige and the quieter. Wrong! The electric bills are higher because the sun hits the higher floors of a highrise earlier and remains longer in the day. The noise is actually worse than condos at 4th or 5th floor because the trees/buildings buffer noises for people on those floors, but all the noise travels up and can be really bad at higher levels. Our first condo rental was on the 15th floor. We could hear dogs barking from three blocks away and karaoke from three miles away. People on the lower floors of our building didn't have that problem. Plus, we had to wait longer for the elevator when we lived on the 15th floor.

Noise doesn't faze me. Just thinking about the view.