Swift Transfer How Long ?

Thanachart were correct it was NW that cocked it up as they missed off a number, well done Thanachart but disappointing from Nationwide, they really should not make this sort of error and I should not have thought it must be the Thai banks fault.

As they made a mistake, maybe the NW will refund the transmission fee to compensate you for the inconvieience and the cost of the phone calls.

I remember quite a number of years ago when I had an account with the Nationwide UK, I requested a transfer to my bank here in Thailand which at the time was the Siam City Bank. As NW are only a building society they have to use a bank to make the transfer. The bank transferred the money to Siam Commercial Bank by mistake and the problem was eventually sorted out but it took over a month to do so. NW reimbersed me the £20 transfer fee and as the exchange rate had gone down by then they also credited my account with £100 which I thought was pretty decent of them.

NW did refund the fee but despite saying they would amend the transfer 24 hours ago the bank here has still not heard from them. Bank here gave me a print out of the transaction and the NW transfer comes via HSBC.

HSBC, it has been reported on the BBC news today, have been having some 'issues' with their systems today. They said they should all be back up and running by 17:00 UK time.

Yes I see from the printout it all goes through HSBC meanwhile I still don't have my money after 11 days, not swift by any means!

HSBC, it has been reported on the BBC news today, have been having some 'issues' with their systems today. They said they should all be back up and running by 17:00 UK time.

Yes I see from the printout it all goes through HSBC meanwhile I still don't have my money after 11 days, not swift by any means!

Definitely something wrong there!

I had a transfer problem once, my bank's internet banking system went on the fizz for a while and when I made a transfer, it said that it hadn't worked, so I tried it again. Turns out that two of them were made and, instead of cancelling one, like they said the would, they cancelled both of them!

After a few days I contacted them and at first, they gave me the usual 'it can take x amount of days to happen' routine, they double checked, realised their mistake and put both amounts , including charges, back into my account, plus an extra £30 as I'd had to use a different method of transfer in the meantime.

So if you stick to your complaint with the bank you used to send the money from, sometimes 'it wasn't us' can turn into 'we're sorry, here's some money'