Wing 41 Open For Business

Maejo Man

I will post the same details as in last years for convenience:

Requirements for the pass asked of me:

Copy of Driver's license

Copy of passport

***Copy of Work Permit (or other proof of address) (Seems to not apply for individuals as others report not needed)

Copy of Tambien Lort (Car registration book - blue book)

Filled out and signed form

Cost last year 60 + 5 Baht

***Not sure proof of address needed - MM/McG?

Tywais, that's pretty much it.

One fills out a very simple application form (name, address, vehicle description, licence plate number, etc.). You pay 5 THB upfront for the app, then go outside to the lobby to fill it out.

I handed in 2 other pieces of paper.

One was a photocopy of the facepage of my passport, with my Thai drivers license positioned beneath it (the Thai drivers license has my residence address on it). No work permit nor visa nor visa extension copies asked for. Your Thai drivers license shows where you live.

Other page was a copy of my motosai green book data page, the one with all the personal and vehicle data. The one at the front with all the important data. Blue book for car same-same.

(Just to be complete I copied the page toward the back of the vehicle registration book that showed I was current with my yearly registration. I copied it on the back of the second paper mentioned above).

So one simple application, 2 pieces of paper with a little bit of personal and vehicle data.

Then you go back in the back office, and pay an additional 60 THB. So 65 THB total (per vehicle).

Attached is the back of my pick-up slip, which details the above requirements:

post-23786-0-31116200-1320153958_thumb.j

Oh, and some other important items. Registration for the stickers is from 1 November to 30 December this year.

Office open from 0800-1600, closed for lunch 1200-1300.

After you complete the process listed above, you get a paper with your sticker number. There will be a date range for you to come back to the office, to pick up your sticker. I was there today, on the first day, and my pickup dates are between 23 Jan 2012 and 17 Feb 2012. Obviously your pickup time window will vary with when you complete the process.

I asked some of my Thai mates about this route. They told me they are able to pass tru without any stickers.

Do i really need a sticker to pass tru if i use this route once in a blue moon ?

Active military, and police in uniform pass through all the time with no sticker.

I see people without stickers being stopped and turned around all the time.

However, that's not to say that occasionally the sentry is not at his post for a moment, or distracted- some slip through that way.

Thais without stickers who have a convincing story (I'm delivering food to General Sathorn at his house, 12/45 Corrigador Way, etc.) will probably be let through.

Occasionally they have surprise security operations on the middle of the road, after you've been let in.

Stop all vehicles, inspect stickers, compare license plate with sticker, open boot, etc. Had them open my gym bag once.

If you're willing to risk it- your call.B)

Had them open my gym bag once.

Sounds like they're taking the risk. :D

They are pretty strict about allowing entry and luck of the draw if you can get through without a sticker. Remember one member who had his sticker scotch taped on his windshield rather than the normal way and they took it from him and made him turn back. Another one tried to pass through on bicycle with no luck.

And I've also seen vehicles pulled over and forced to turn back. The occasions where you can is if you inform him that you are going to the building to apply for a sticker or have business on the base.

Had them open my gym bag once.

Sounds like they're taking the risk. :D

They are pretty strict about allowing entry and luck of the draw if you can get through without a sticker. Remember one member who had his sticker scotch taped on his windshield rather than the normal way and they took it from him and made him turn back. Another one tried to pass through on bicycle with no luck.

And I've also seen vehicles pulled over and forced to turn back. The occasions where you can is if you inform him that you are going to the building to apply for a sticker or have business on the base.

Thanks for the insight.

I think i better pick up the sticker. :jap:

Another wannabe who wants to circumvent the rules. Yes, they will eventually stop you! Comply like everyone else.

Suspect some don't realize that is a military installation one is trying to pass through. Most (military police) don't have a sense of humor. ;)

I asked some of my Thai mates about this route. They told me they are able to pass tru without any stickers.

Do i really need a sticker to pass tru if i use this route once in a blue moon ?

They even stopped me on a bicycle! You know the non-motorised kind :blink:

even though I have a Thai drivers license I understand I cannot get a sticker for a bicycle

because it is not registered even though at the same time for their purposes it is regarded as a " vehicle " :ph34r:

I don't know what the situation is though if I dismounted and pushed the bicycle through?:lol:

I wanted to test the system today...tried to pass with the non-sticker car(we do have another with the sticker)...and it worked !!...just told my wife to tell the guy at the gate,that we are going to the office to sign for the sticker(and we would'of)...well...he said,that the office was closed today..."can we pass anyway,please.." my wife says...'OK,but just this time"...so,I've made to the Immigration just before 4pm to make my 90-day's...it works,just be nice...:D