Letter From Uk Embassy Re Uk Income

Hi I have to get a letter from the British Embassy confirming my UK income for a retirement extension

I have to do this before 21 Nov. I have Emailed them to see if I could do this by post but have not had a responce.

I have all the evidence of income from the UK but doubt that Thai immigration will accept them.

I am not sure what the flood situation is round the Embassy or if I can get to Bangkok from Surin.

Any advice would be welcome.

I believe you can do it by post with appropriate documents Not sure what or how you would pay by that method.

I would suggest go in person etc. go early morning and you should be able to pick it up in the afternoon or worst case next day.

this taken from British Embassy website.......

Letter confirming pension/income for Thai Immigration

Consular Section is able to issue a standard letter addressed to Thai Immigration confirming your pension / income in order to support the renewal / extension of your retirement visa. The granting of the visa is at the sole discretion of the Thai Immigration authorities not the British Embassy.

Requirements:

• Photocopy of your current British passport
  • Original evidence of your current pension/income
  • Your local address to be typed on the letter

Please ensure the pension/income evidence you provide is in a form that is simple and easy to understand and contains the key financial amounts that are required for inclusion in the letter.

The standard letter fee is currently Baht 2,250 and payable in cash or a postal order. The letter will be ready for collection in person or sent to you by express mail with an additional postage Baht 100.

If you are unable to contact us in person, please mail us your request stating the total pension amount received monthly/yearly and enclosing the above documents. Kindly make the postal order (available at post offices) payable to the British Embassy and to be cashed at Nana Post Office Bangkok 10112."

Edited by CharlieH

Hi all, Last year I used printouts of bank statements (British bank) to prove income at Pattaya (Jomtien) immigration. Anyone know if printouts are ok for this year ? Things change so quickly over here! Harry

If its any help I printed my credits from my UK bank and gave the sources for the credits...........all OK at Chiang Mai Consulate.

BUT I did'nt like the charge of 2,250 baht..........50 quid to type a letter !!!

Hi all, when I said "Last year I used printouts of bank statements (British bank) to prove income at Pattaya (Jomtien) immigration" I meant I used the printouts to show the British Consulate at Jomtien to obtain proof of income letter. Things are changing at the consulate I believe, hence my question. No, I did not like the charge either. LOL. Harry

Edited by Harrywonka

I believe you can do it by post with appropriate documents Not sure what or how you would pay by that method.

I would suggest go in person etc. go early morning and you should be able to pick it up in the afternoon or worst case next day.

this taken from British Embassy website.......

Letter confirming pension/income for Thai Immigration

Consular Section is able to issue a standard letter addressed to Thai Immigration confirming your pension / income in order to support the renewal / extension of your retirement visa. The granting of the visa is at the sole discretion of the Thai Immigration authorities not the British Embassy.

Requirements:

• Photocopy of your current British passport
  • Original evidence of your current pension/income
  • Your local address to be typed on the letter

Please ensure the pension/income evidence you provide is in a form that is simple and easy to understand and contains the key financial amounts that are required for inclusion in the letter.

The standard letter fee is currently Baht 2,250 and payable in cash or a postal order. The letter will be ready for collection in person or sent to you by express mail with an additional postage Baht 100.

If you are unable to contact us in person, please mail us your request stating the total pension amount received monthly/yearly and enclosing the above documents. Kindly make the postal order (available at post offices) payable to the British Embassy and to be cashed at Nana Post Office Bangkok 10112."

Hi, Thanks for the info, I have done this for several years now, spending a couple of days in Bangkok, but Bangkok does not look so inviting now. I may try the postal route rather than wade my way from Surin. Many Thanks

I sent my request for the letter that the British Embassy issue on 26th October via EMS. Using track/trace I noted that my letter arrived successfully the next day. However, I'm still waiting for their letter to arrive at my house (Kanchanaburi).

I sent my request for the letter that the British Embassy issue on 26th October via EMS. Using track/trace I noted that my letter arrived successfully the next day. However, I'm still waiting for their letter to arrive at my house (Kanchanaburi).

Letter arrived today. :)

I finally sent my request on 5th Nov, need it by 21st, so keeping my fingers crossed.