Fairly New Farang Looking For Information

ivan96822

Me: White American male with travel history in Asia, with particular interest in BKK (Sukhumvit).

Have had an interest in this geographical location since Street Fighter II emerged in 1992.

Traveled to Thailand last year, spent a month there, and enjoyed it immensely.

Call me ignorant, silly, call me what you want: BUT, I must beg the question: they can not be all working girls, can they?

I have traveled in some corners of the world, and have appreciated female affection. Do they come across in BKK, yes. Are they the ones sitting with other farangs, ordering beers, and leering down the sois, yes?

Thus, my thesis: If I am going back to BKK (which I am), I am only interested in honest-living local Thai girls. No time for desperate Isaans, hardened pros, or Russian ne'er do wells.

And as I make my point: No Club Climax (Soi 11), Bamboo Bar (Soi 3), Soi Cowboy (etc)....I would rather meet a nice gal at a Starbucks, mall, or _____________.

Any recommendations, friends? Please respond with honest answer. No time for negativity, discouragement, or denouncements on human life/lifestyles. Just hit back with the facts.

Run a classified ad with your specs. How about one of those Thai dating websites?

Any suggestions on a legitimate one? One or two take about an hour to set up one's profile, then, when it is time to "search," one is hit with a credit card payment of at least $20/US....

Share your insight, please...

Maybe if you come on vacation to have fun and not to seek out women then you will happen to meet what you're looking for.

Most of the time (male or female) when you're looking for something it never seems to be around...

Wanna meet a girl at Starbucks?? Well meet a girl at Starbucks!!

Also...be careful with those websites. A lot of "working" women use them instead of the bars or streets these days.

Learn about Thai culture if you haven't already. 'leb loi' attracts 'leb loi' girls in my experience. Have any reliable friends in bkk to set you up?

I think it's pretty much impossible to live here for an extended period of time and not have a thai gf. A friend of mine came here on a honeymoon with a farang girl and left with a Thai gf.

Learn about Thai culture if you haven't already. 'leb loi' attracts 'leb loi' girls in my experience. Have any reliable friends in bkk to set you up?

I think it's pretty much impossible to live here for an extended period of time and not have a thai gf. A friend of mine came here on a honeymoon with a farang girl and left with a Thai gf.

What do you mean, "leb loi' attracts 'leb loi' girls in my experience"?

Also, what are some of the common dating rituals when pursuing local Thai women? Mind you, I am in my early 30s, not early 20s. I know some of the dating rituals in the States very well (i.e., not being over-eager, waiting a few days to call, showing up on time, etc). I am sure there are similar customs in Thailand, but seems like if you are a decent looking farang there, it is like swatting away at mosquitoes. So, what is an effective way to get a Thai girlfriend (in your humble opinion)? Also, I am not there to play sugar daddy: Again, I am only interested in honest young women who are not "ladies of the night."

Also, where are some of the good local clubs (off the beaten track) that would most likely feature normal, local girls looking to have a good time, as opposed to the Red Light Districts?

Any information/insight to this subject would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, too, to those who responded with helpful/useful/friendly commentary.

What do you mean, "leb loi' attracts 'leb loi' girls in my experience"?

Also, what are some of the common dating rituals when pursuing local Thai women? Mind you, I am in my early 30s, not early 20s. I know some of the dating rituals in the States very well (i.e., not being over-eager, waiting a few days to call, showing up on time, etc). I am sure there are similar customs in Thailand, but seems like if you are a decent looking farang there, it is like swatting away at mosquitoes. So, what is an effective way to get a Thai girlfriend (in your humble opinion)? Also, I am not there to play sugar daddy: Again, I am only interested in honest young women who are not "ladies of the night."

Also, where are some of the good local clubs (off the beaten track) that would most likely feature normal, local girls looking to have a good time, as opposed to the Red Light Districts?

Any information/insight to this subject would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, too, to those who responded with helpful/useful/friendly commentary.

Look Ivanhoe, all this crap your talking about is something a guy uses his inbuilt ''male'' intuition for . :rolleyes:

I mean well presented and with good manners and so on. So in my experience, any bar and night club related meetings have always ended dismally. The long lasting relationships with nice Thai girls have always started though 'friends of friends' or flitering out the crap on dating sites. I work with about 15 other faring guys who all have the same experience.

I personally think you should forget about meeting a long lasting gf in any pub/club. Guess that leaves dateinasia as your best bet, like someone else mentioned it's free too. Nothing unpleasant about meeting good looking women around an amazing city like bkk, and finding one who ticks all your boxes. Unless the meeting place is under water.

Thai love links website is the real deal.

I had a ball dating girls off it that WERE NOT bar girls. Thats not to say they didn't answer my ad, they did and at least 100 over 1 year but they were easy to sort out. Im still with the girl I chose and she is still climbing the corporate ladder in the same firm.

Why spend all day at starbucks when you can let your fingers do the walking :rolleyes: better still take the lap top to starbucks and double your odds ;)

just go to a big office block, sit in the cafe downstairs with a Netbook, and look at the women, if they look at you smile at them, if you do it for a couple of days you will get a few dates.

Im not sure why a 20 year old girl would smile at a 40-50 year old man , sure it can happen but a lot of these guys leering in cafes have delusional hansum man syndrome :D