Road Map Into Bangkok ?

dtaanic

Is there a website showing which roads are open or closed for circulation ?

I am tired of guessing my way around, having to turn back on a motorway to Bangkok because it is over flooded and left open for traffic by the police with no warning (yes trucks would be able to pass). Info here on thaivisa referring to police stating exactly how many roads and motorways are closed, tells me they know well about it. So where is that website with the maps and the road info ? I have been looking for 4 weeks now for such.

I don't know where you are coming from, but there are some pretty good maps from the Deparment of ighways (doh) on there website www.doh.co.th. But beware the traffic and delays for gonig through passable water are very long. I went from Nakhon Sawan Province two weeks ago and the normal rountrip of 6 hours took 14. It's gotten a lot worse since then.

Understand your frustration and wanting to try to get info but one really shouldn't complain in your situation given the hardships so many are having to endear during this crisis .... really doesn't compare to your inconveniences while driving your car.

Anyway ... I'm pretty sure this is a link to live videos of most of the major roads but for some reason I cannot pull it up right now (never had this issue with not loading before) http://www.traffy.in.th/traffy/index.php

Understand your frustration and wanting to try to get info but one really shouldn't complain in your situation given the hardships so many are having to endear during this crisis .... really doesn't compare to your inconveniences while driving your car.

Anyway ... I'm pretty sure this is a link to live videos of most of the major roads but for some reason I cannot pull it up right now (never had this issue with not loading before) http://www.traffy.in...raffy/index.php

Thanks for the link, but talking of inconveniences, i can not see the point in not informing tourists and expats with such information, Last week i drove into a flooded area on the motorway with no sign of warning or diversion. This does not make any thing better to let people drive around in blindness when the info is available on some desk somewhere. Last week the US Embassy had a good list of closed roads.

thaiflood.com/highwaymap

I've been watching the red flags grow in number at this site and it seems like it's kept somewhat up-to-date. However, returning from Isaan yesterday, I expected to be able to go around Saraburi and get onto 9(the outer ring road) from 305(Nakhon Nayok), but found all cars being detoured to the south at Onkharak. So it's not perfect. Going with the herd eventually met up with 7 at the airport.

Similar info and more available at Google "crisis" maps.