I Think Everything Will Be Ok

350torana

Hey,

I don't want to turn this into a public airing of my dirty laundry. I felt like my last topic was kinda close to that and I should be more discreet, who knows who is reading this forum ?hence, my request to make the thread dissapear :D Anyways, went away with my wife and daughter for a few nights. Tonight, had a bbq at our house. We all sat down and my sister-in-law acted as translator . Her english is fluent and she is a very modern Thai woman ...works with two kids. And, importantly, she has issues with our mum-in-law and her kids . The discussion was tactful...no losing face for Khun mum. They really understand that I am my daughter's prime carer ....she is a daddy's girl. She is thriving and speaking english. We made this a strong point in relation to her education .

I guess I thought the whole country was against me, I love this country and Thais...it is only one I have a problem with.

Oh well, my dad(god bless him) is buying another house in Aussie as an investment (which we are free to live in and do what we wnat). The three of us are flying out early Decemeber and will be doing alot of work on it(decarating, landscaping ect)...with my wife and daughter. Maybe good therapy for me, her and my daughter ...really excited living as a family without interference. Oh well, I am so happy. The Socceroos doing there thing tonight helped as well :o Of course, I will not feel 100% sure until we touch down on Aussie soil .

Forgot to add.House has a half decent garage/drive so my other gal can get some work done on her over the Aussie summer :D . My daughter will grow up a Holden/GM gal..not that other 'f' word :D

Edited by 350torana

The Dude feels for you dudes who never saw a true American 7 liter engine plus muscle car. The wimpy car above is quite laughable. Nice to hear that someone's OM (old man/ father) is providing them with a pad in a 1st world land. The Dude supports that 100%. Gimme a shovel dude and The Dude will diggety dawg all the way home. dig?

Shame mate, Ford produce such a lovely car  :o018_NR_JPG.jpg

You Bogan...

This car talk is greeat...keeping my mind of things. Hey, Tuky..what is that?...loooks like an early model hotted up Cortina or something . Takes a bogan to know a bogan :D

Daley you have been so cool and supportive . But, I think a rear wheel drive, big block with a 4 barrel carby could give a Skyline a run for its money in a qaurter mile . On a corner...hmmmm

A pic of a HoldenTorana SLR( I always prefered red on black ) small block (350 chev) but I know guys who have put bigger doinks with light cars that push a 11 seconds

post-9040-1132169370_thumb.jpg

The red carpet will be laid down for your arrival in Oz.

The gang will wait until you get your house set up properly and then we will arrive en-masse for your first Aussie B-B-Q.

Make sure the snags are snizzling, the onions are piled high, the beer is cold....and don't forget the tomato sauce. :o

Shame mate, Ford produce such a lovely car  :D018_NR_JPG.jpg

You Bogan...

This car talk is greeat...keeping my mind of things. Hey, Tuky..what is that?...loooks like an early model hotted up Cortina or something . Takes a bogan to know a bogan :D

Daley you have been so cool and supportive . But, I think a rear wheel drive, big block with a 4 barrel carby could give a Skyline a run for its money in a qaurter mile . On a corner...hmmmm

A pic of a HoldenTorana SLR( I always prefered red on black ) small block (350 chev) but I know guys who have put bigger doinks with light cars that push a 11 seconds

Always happy to help mate, BUT i am afraid to say 1000bhp skyline would leave your old gas guzzler standing. I do believe that you boys actually banned them from your touring car series because they were hammering your holdens into the ground. Correct me if i am wrong on that one :o

Hope this isn't too off-topic.

But some of those pictures reminds me of the movie Mad Max. What Aussie car is the black "interceptor" with a super charger sticking out from the hood Mel Gibson was driving in the first Mad Max?

But some of those pictures reminds me of the movie Mad Max.  What Aussie car is the black "interceptor" with a super charger sticking out from the hood Mel Gibson was driving in the first Mad Max?

I want one!

From IMDB.com:

The car that Max drives (the "last of the V8 interceptors") is a production car, the Ford "XB Falcon Hardtop", sold in Australia from December 1973 until August 1976. The car in the film had a standard 351 cubic inch (5.75 litre) V8 motor.

The stolen interceptor driven by the Nightrider in the opening scenes is another production vehicle; it is a "HQ Holden Monaro", which was sold in Australia in the early 70's with a variety of motors including large capacity V8's. Also, the other police vehicles in the movie were sedan versions of the XB, although one was the previous model "XA". They also had 351 cubic inch motors and are a common car on Australian roads.

Max's yellow interceptor car, a Ford Falcon XB sedan, was originally a police car from the Australian state of Victoria.

Goose's motorcycle is a 1977 Kawasaki KZ 1000.

One of the yellow interceptors, a Ford Falcon XA GCI, was a decommissioned taxi cab.

post-20031-1132216106_thumb.jpg

Edited by DeathbyDurian

But some of those pictures reminds me of the movie Mad Max.  What Aussie car is the black "interceptor" with a super charger sticking out from the hood Mel Gibson was driving in the first Mad Max?

SPerspective.jpg

Correct DbyD... a Ford XB Falcon V8 Hardtop. :o